Schuco 2013

AJH

some bigger tyres and heston big square baler will make a cracking outfit 

Nahh too big for it, want something more post knocker sized. And yes I once did see a 4755 on a post knocker

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly Sean,that horrid exhaust was a German spec,I see it has an extra air tank,probably German spec as well,

Regards

Joe.

Na wasnt just for the Germans , this was ours

scan0021.jpg

it was the last of the waterloo sg2 cabbed tractors by the time we had this type of exhaust the tractors were badged the 60 series in america but remained the 55 series in the uk and europe

In Spain, this models also were sold, with the exhauts in the side of the cab. In the USA, this models were sold how -60 series (4760, 4960).

Regards.

yip map is the earlier variation with the bonnet exhaust and old style steps think ill just buy 4 of the schucco`s at least i wont need to worry if they fall apart like their fragile counterparts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talked with a local toy dealer in Ontario Canada this morning( Eurocan Die cast) about the 1/32nd Deere 7810 from Schuco and was told, likely late September until we see them in Canada, so I am thinking maybe late August for release in Europe. I will be getting the Deere 7810 for sure in 1/32nd. Looks to be an awesome detailed model. Wish Deere/ Ertl/RC2 was not so hung up about allowing Schuco/ Wiking/ Universal Hobbies to sell Deere models through Deere dealers in North America. Don't get me wrong. I think Ertl/ Britain's has made some nice items, but the models from Schuco/ Wiking etc just blows Ertl/Tomy out of the water when it comes to 1/32nd.

I will still buy Ertl/ Britain's models for Deere as that's the only option for now and Ertl has done some nice Deere items but still have a ways to go to catch up to Schuco etc.... Wish they would bring back the Precision II line in 32nd.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with the model Barry. :

I have emailed Schuco with a picture and requested a new bonnet, i'll let you know how I get on.

Removing the 2 screws under the model, then the steering mechenism screw gets you access to the screw that holds the bonnet on.....very simple to change :)

will be intersting Barry if they sort you out ,hope so mate

I have emailed Schuco with a picture and requested a new bonnet, i'll let you know how I get on.

Removing the 2 screws under the model, then the steering mechenism screw gets you access to the screw that holds the bonnet on.....very simple to change :)

Who is the man to get some 4755 decals from, Henry? The 4955 was never sold new in Holland and I would like to modify mine. Have also ordered a bonnet mounted exhaust and air filter as I prefer the look of the older model. Now on the look out for some decent tyres...

Hey Barry,now you've got it in bits,you might as well fit a proper exhaust, ::) ::)  http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-35082905/21105-Luchtfilter-+-Uitlaat-set-John-Deere-4955-1:32.html

Regards

Joe. >:D^-^

Who is the man to get some 4755 decals from, Henry? The 4955 was never sold new in Holland and I would like to modify mine. Have also ordered a bonnet mounted exhaust and air filter as I prefer the look of the older model. Now on the look out for some decent tyres...

You will need to change the rear mudguards as well then Niels for authenticity as these were substantially upgraded along with the exhaust on these tractors ::)

Very valid point there Bluegreen, hadn't noticed that. That is a real pain :-[ . I think the front bits can be hacked off and the lights will need to be replaced. But this is a bit to much for my novice skills. I don't want to ruin a perfectly good model.

I will swap the decals to 4755 anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to change the rear mudguards as well then Niels for authenticity as these were substantially upgraded along with the exhaust on these tractors ::)

Might it be much simpler to do what most farmers did and buy a Genesis instead?

ford-8970---limited-edition---2000-genum

Its true that after JD had wiped out Fords TW/30series in my area with 4450/4650 etc they in turn got mashed when the 8970 Ford came out with at least 7 appearing on my patch in 1994.................unfortunately 6 months later back came Deere with the 8400 and promptly took most of the Fords back out within 3 years :

Although the biggest blue tractors have never recovered market share and wont with such ugly offerings as T8 etc  its a different story with the T7s.......................yet another independent test centre "Agrar"  has the T7.270 at the top of the pile after a convincing performance against Fendts 700 and most impressively beating the JD 6210R :of  which shows how far NH have come on recently especially with the SCR engines.............................the most impressive thing about JD at present is their marketing team and the US satellite system their GPS runs off ;D

Archived