Schuco 2013

AJH

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its true that after JD had wiped out Fords TW/30series in my area with 4450/4650 etc they in turn got mashed when the 8970 Ford came out with at least 7 appearing on my patch in 1994.................unfortunately 6 months later back came Deere with the 8400 and promptly took most of the Fords back out within 3 years :

Although the biggest blue tractors have never recovered market share and wont with such ugly offerings as T8 etc  its a different story with the T7s.......................yet another independent test centre "Agrar"  has the T7.270 at the top of the pile after a convincing performance against Fendts 700 and most impressively beating the JD 6210R :of  which shows how far NH have come on recently especially with the SCR engines.............................the most impressive thing about JD at present is their marketing team and the US satellite system their GPS runs off ;D

they may off come out on top but only by having 30hp+ extra !!!! 

Im as much a fan of JD as I am NH so there is no bias in my comments,  but what you have to remember is that traditionally NH have been well behind JD in virtually every aspect of comparative tractor tests and clearly now that gap has been erased within the T7 vs 6R machines with only a couple of exceptions.  Most notably those being JD build quality is superior to NHs, but so to is the pound for pound price so choice there is up to the farmer.

Secondly JDs marketing (brainwashing) machine is the best on the market followed closely by Claas ::)

A friend of mine is a Ben Burgess tractor demonstrator and he believes the 6210R is the equal to Fendts 724 and he sold a 6210R into replace a CASE Magnum 310 and pull the same 7f plough with it which it does very well with some extra weights, so the 6210R is a damn good tractor, which merely highlights how good the NH T7s have become.

And finally if you look at all the test results this year you would have to conclude that NH have wiped the floor with both MF and VALTRA  who usually are neck and neck with them around 200hp.............................I suspect this is because NH aren't limited in how they can improve machines by having a high tiered stablemate in the same nest!

MF and Valtra operate in Fendts shadow these days in much the same way as VW take second place to Audi in VAGs pecking order.

Obviously we are talking about NHs top specced  tractor in the T7 range and not some budget offering further down the ranks but still the advancements in the engine and transmission depts of the bigger T7s are most impressive..........................just watch the online video to see how a T7.270 slaughters the older T7070............its not even close!    Mind you the 7070 sounds much better ;D

Might it be much simpler to do what most farmers did and buy a Genesis instead?

Already have two in the shed. But when the Funk gearboxes start packing up at 8000hrs the JD will continue. Plus it is just a lovely tractor (so is the 70 series btw).

Will keep the side mounted exhaust now. Just put 4755 decals, spray the rims and put some details on her.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 7810 is still not in the local Deeres dealer but the 4955 was and is it just me or is it a bit on the small size for 1/32? Certainly the Siku 6210R model next to it seemed bigger allround? Perhaps some one could put up a comparison pic of the 4955 against a Siku or Britains 8360R for scale purposes.

Well the 7810 is still not in the local Deeres dealer but the 4955 was and is it just me or is it a bit on the small size for 1/32? Certainly the Siku 6210R model next to it seemed bigger allround? Perhaps some one could put up a comparison pic of the 4955 against a Siku or Britains 8360R for scale purposes.

I think it is just a reflection of how much bigger modern tractors are than ones from 20 years ago. Size of rear and particularly front tyres has changed dramatically. If you put the 4955 against any of the Ford TW models, sizewise they are very similar so I think the scale is about right. 

If anything, I actually think the 6210r from Wiking/Siku might be slightly oversized itself. Put it against a Siku 8360r or the Britains T7 and it seems a bit too big. In fact, the 6210r model has a longer wheelbase than the 8360r - but in the real world, the 6210 is 2.8m and the 8360r is 3.05m....so that proves it... 

Looking at my brochures for dimensions the 7810 is taller and longer than the 4955 which is a surprise!  I guess the illusion of length has everything to do with cab position on the two models.................................................and I think we are all guilty of remembering the old guard being as big as the new models until you see them side by side, just look at my photo of a T7040 NH next to a TW10!!  Forget about horsepower difference because theres not much between a 150hp TW20 and a 165hp T7030 which both are identical sizewise to the tractors in the picture.

post-743-0-07437900-1376649899_thumb.jpg

Your right Mark,according to Atte it is indeed available now,wheres mr softie when you need him,??

Regards

Joe.

thanks Joe, well havnt heard from Brian in a few days, think he went in to hidding ha ha!, too many jd's coming out for him to keep up ha ha!

7810 is now on order from john deere , part number is now active but no garunteed delivery date yet will just need to wait and see as when the 4955 became active it arrived at my local dealer 4 days after I ordered it

7810 is now on order from john deere , part number is now active but no garunteed delivery date yet will just need to wait and see as when the 4955 became active it arrived at my local dealer 4 days after I ordered it

See,I knew Mr John Deere would know,Earnvale on Monday Brian, >:D >:D;)

it doe's seem to be rather well shod,although not to many folk liking that front number plate,

JD78102_zps35821d58.jpg

Regards

Joe.

think I may part with some cash on one of those, see a fair few around still, and them 10's   are far better looking that the modern20/30  stuff I think, shame that number plates there, hopefully its just stuck on and not got any holes it fits to, although I am sure someone will sort that and offer a resin replacement without them if it does

Archived