ROS 2013

AJH

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arno: I know, I wrote the article on it ::)

SPN: Depends very much upon the farmer. As Bluegreen said many farmers run one and haven't got a massive acreage for one. They regard it as a sort of insurance policy when it gets wet they can go in the field and carry on where a trailed unit will be stuck. On the Continent it is also very much a contractors machine and a popular one for seed growers.

I was going to post this up at the weekend,but thought it might be another conversion,but as you can see I "borrowed" the photo from Farm Model Database,so guess it's for real,

HolmerTerraDos3_zpsa13fb7b6.jpg

Regards

Joe.

It would be nice if it really is true but the model looks very crude.

Scale models really are like buses. You wait for ages and suddenly two come. Same with the beet harvesters..

Agree. I know  this is a ROS topic. So I wont stray. But just look at all the models UH are firing at us all in one whip!!! And doing the same models as other makers at that!

Any date set for the F130 yet ?

It would be nice if it really is true but the model looks very crude.

Scale models really are like buses. You wait for ages and suddenly two come. Same with the beet harvesters..

Well,that's what I was thinking Sean,but I reckon to much work converting a Siku,'specially the header  ;D  I looked at whats out there and only the Rexor header is similar,but in that photo there is a round device with a white "curtain" around it which doesn't appear even on the real deal,??

HolmerTerraDos3jpg1_zps1cef08ce.jpg

Regards

Joe.

may be  a siku with donor rexo header, i suspects some will have been damaged in transit between the factory and dealers or homes in the postal system, they certainly look fragile models and we see a lot of other makes  being sold as donor models of late anyway broken down for parts etc ,sure time will tell mind if its the real deal or not,

round bit with white curtain may well be a auto steer guide system???

The round bit with the white curtain is a top spreader folded up in the transport position. The picture of the real machine has a mulch type topper fitted that drops them up finely chopped between the rows instead of ejecting them out the side.

It's not the auto steer Sean,I do know that is the two paddles sticking right out front,I did read that in a pdf form,but can't find that now,don't think it's a tricked out Rexor either,just to many differences

here's a review for comparison, http://www.agrarmodellbau.de/showthread.php/9612-Grimme-Rexor-620-von-Ros-Agritec

Regards

Joe.

The round bit with the white curtain is a top spreader folded up in the transport position. The picture of the real machine has a mulch type topper fitted that drops them up finely chopped between the rows instead of ejecting them out the side.

Thanks for that Gav,

Regards

Joe.

These harvester models just take up to much space!  I try and keep an updated diorama farmyard but will avoid anything bigger than My ROS Krone Big X  forager which is a cracking model ::)

I mean lets be honest tractors have charisma and sentimental value for a huge amount of us collectors, but a beet or potato harvester!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The person responsible for that error deserves a Darwin award! That's for sure. If they do a new batch they might as well put a normal exhaust on!

It is unlikely your roof hatch will close down on its own. Look at the massive cylinder underneath it!

That's quite enough moaning for one day. ;D

Archived