Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

Quality, that looks ace Phil. Wish I had kept up with my mountain biking. Come to think of it, I wish I'd kept my mountain bike!

Same here, I haven't got on a bike for 15 years  :-[ 

That is a awsome run ,would need a tough bike for that, did a decent run in Wales just after Xmas that was about 15-20 minutes long that was fun apart from it absolutely pooring down but I guess we should of expected that being in Wales going out again next weekend can't wait,

That is a awsome run ,would need a tough bike for that, did a decent run in Wales just after Xmas that was about 15-20 minutes long that was fun apart from it absolutely pooring down but I guess we should of expected that being in Wales going out again next weekend can't wait,

Thinking about doing the Nevis run once more before the bubba comes, can't go breaking my arms again and make Carly do all the work now could i

• Like 1

You would think after breaking your left arm at 16 doing a stupid jump, right arm at 18 while crashing into a tree and then at 21 breaking both arms, 3 fingers, collar bone, a couple of toes and splitting my head open in 3 places I would pack it in, surprised im still with Carly after her saying if I hurt my self again doing stupid things she would leave me, that was 9 years ago... Must be doing something right

Edited by HS.

I bought a brand new mountain bike 18 years ago, all singing all dancing 21 gears Shimano, front suspension etc. Never used it!, still in the utility room. Same spec bike is over £700 now. Anyone want to buy an as new mountain bike? ;)

The price of bikes these days is mental, my kona was £560 and my downhill mountain bike was £(something thousand)750. Was probably the most stupid thing I've spent that much money on, time I've paid for tyres, puncture proof tubes, helmet all my protective gear, and all the rest it soon mounts up, then theres fuel, sometimes accommodation aswell, costly hobby

The price of bikes these days is mental, my kona was £560 and my downhill mountain bike was £(something thousand)750. Was probably the most stupid thing I've spent that much money on, time I've paid for tyres, puncture proof tubes, helmet all my protective gear, and all the rest it soon mounts up, then theres fuel, sometimes accommodation aswell, costly hobby

Don't be silly harry, bikes don't use fuel, everyone knows that ::)  ::)

• Like 3

All hobbies are exspensive though , bikes aren't cheap that's a sure thing and if you knew what the mark up was on them it pure roobery , Harry I'm to under threat from both my wife and my boss when it comes to injuring my self I had a major motox accident which took me out of work for 4 months and it happened the day before the 2006 harvest . Saying that didn't go down well was a understatement .

You would think after breaking your left arm at 16 doing a stupid jump, right arm at 18 while crashing into a tree and then at 21 breaking both arms, 3 fingers, collar bone, a couple of toes and splitting my head open in 3 places I would pack it in, surprised im still with Carly after her saying if I hurt my self again doing stupid things she would leave me, that was 9 years ago... Must be doing something right
Ever thought about buying some stabilisers, Harry? :lol: I nearly bought an entry level GT last year to get back into it but the dog takes up most of my weekend free time so I just don't think I'd get out on iy enough :(
  • Like 1

Ever thought about buying some stabilisers, Harry? :lol:

I nearly bought an entry level GT last year to get back into it but the dog takes up most of my weekend free time so I just don't think I'd get out on iy enough :(

By a tandem ,after all there's enough dancing dogs out there I'm sure yours could be different and ,ride a bike

Ever thought about buying some stabilisers, Harry? :lol: I nearly bought an entry level GT last year to get back into it but the dog takes up most of my weekend free time so I just don't think I'd get out on iy enough :(
yes I have stabilisers... Jealous

i have a gt aggressor, lovely bike, brother recons it rides and feels better than his claud buttler all singing one he bought 5 years back, and cost half the price to

It was the XCR edition of the Aggressor which I was looking at as it happens. Only Halfords stocked it as a special deal with GT, otherwise I wouldn't look at bikes from Halfords to he honest as we have some fantastic bike shops in Wiltshire. White with black rims, very smart bit of kit but I forget the spec now. In then end I just didnt think it would have got enough use as I work too much apparently!

I've got a Specialized SX Trail FSR, great downhill bike, pricey, but you pay for quality, and a kona mountain fire, also a good mountain bike, needs gears fixing, could be job at the weekend... Not

I've got a Specialized SX Trail FSR, great downhill bike, pricey, but you pay for quality, and a kona mountain fire, also a good mountain bike, needs gears fixing, could be job at the weekend... Not

Funny my sons and I were talking about sx trails last night , as my older son is thinking about joining us the specialized status has taken over from the sx that's a nice bike too ,