Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

The only time related aspect of the old machine was 'time to get a new one'. Just contacted the phone number on the new one to 'register' it for the manufacturers warantee, cost another £129 but that covers it completeley for 5 years come what may, it's an 'upgrade' to the standard 2 year warantee, with the 2 year, if anything goes wrong you have to pay a £75 'call out' fee but upgrading to the 5, you don't have to pay anything. The motor is on the drum, what they call 'direct drive', no belt to worry about and the motor is guaranteed for 10 years. It even weighs the laundry you load in it and tells you, when you've put it on the desired programme, how long it will take to complete the full cycle and run for that exact time, something to do with 'economy'. In registering for the warantee I found out that LG is a branch of JVC. You learn something new every day!

No Barry, it's an LG. looked at several other brands like Bosch, Seimens, Panasonic and other lesser makes but for the price and the spec the LG came out best. Certain brand names seem to carry a price premium, the exact same machine by Bosch was just over £300 more, no point paying motorcycle prices for a pushbike!

Yeah I have an LG too (I deleted the other message as I wrote it 2 seconds before your message above giving the answer!!!)

I must admit, the after sales service provided by Bosch and Siemens is second to none, I sell Siemens Built-in appliances (and Neff) with the kitchens I design, never had a customer complain about the products.

I did a lot of research and comparisons on washing machines and found the LG's to be the right product for the right money :)

I would have a Miele if I had a spare £1200 though!!!

canon sx50 bridge camera ,,,,i have done pro photography for a few years and pack it in last year ,,looked at this and bought one at the week end ,,and i am very very impressed with it ;D  ;D

it will not replace my SLRs but it is nice and compacted and over all performs really well

Edited by convo

A Ketter storage shed and a fold away table with my Costco rebate voucher ...only had to pay £ 14,53 fir the two. The fold up table will be used to replace my outdoor photographing booth.

P1010107_zps4dec428b.jpg

P1010106_zps6fdde8df.jpg

P1010105_zpsd04f94fe.jpg

P1010104_zpsb0abd00e.jpg

Edited by BC
  • Like 1

Yes Robert they are not bad for the money and I need to declutter one of my wooden sheds,In addition it will be South facing so it will safe the Butinox / stain from the sun on the side of one of the sheds.

well Natalie and I have put a offer in on this house and if all goes well today we should be the new owners by the end of the day

This is the only pic so far which ive got its off the web site the has the house up for sale and the best thing about the house its a 5 min walk from my home place so havent got far to go to the farm :D when we get the keys ect there will be more pictures.

1413922_large_zps6920cbf7.jpg

Edited by BOB3085
  • Like 1

Bob....... That is a prize, mate. What a cracking place and a nice bit if ground around it too. Me and the missus would kill for a place like that, good on you both. Big pat on the back from me matey.

A kind of purchase for me, booked and paid half towards my 5 module, 35hr DCPC (Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence) with a local company who have a half price deal on until the end of April. It's a load of old tosh really but by Sept '14 every truck driver will have to have done it.

• Like 1

Bob....... That is a prize, mate. What a cracking place and a nice bit if ground around it too. Me and the missus would kill for a place like that, good on you both. Big pat on the back from me matey.A kind of purchase for me, booked and paid half towards my 5 module, 35hr DCPC (Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence) with a local company who have a half price deal on until the end of April. It's a load of old tosh really but by Sept '14 every truck driver will have to have done it.

tidy looking pad there bob, looks like a bit of land round it to,

Thanks Tris and Sean yeah theres 0.9 of a acre to it we wanted something close to my house and the farm with some ground as I we both like growing veg ect and Natalie wanted some hens and ducks god knows why :) there's also a garage with it that will be my pad and if everything goes well there should be a nice little MF35 or MF135 on its way to put in the garage to work at :D

Edited by BOB3085

A Karcher K5 power washer which was on offer from Costco for £ 215.98. First I had to return my Karcher K6800 Ego which I bought last July and was the worst washer I ever had. The detergent was unwilling to flow and the plastic holder always came off when you tried to push in the detergent holder. To crown it all when you took it inside to avoid frost it leaked detergent. Well shot of that one and got refund of £ 335.98 so well pleased with a new washer and £ 120 cash back 8)

P1010766_zps2b1439ce.jpg

• Like 1

A Peugeot 206. Traci missed her 206 when we sold it for a bargain buy, her little Saxo 1.1 also 2003 which at the time had just 21k on yhe clock so when she saw a 1.4cc 3dr '03 206 for sale locally she bit there hand off. Looks like I'll be cleaning cars this weekend!

• Like 1