Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

Love it Jack lucky man I hope to you keep us up to date on what work you do with it :D

Lovely little tractor Jack, hopefully you will keep the cab I think it suits the tractor,

Thanks

Thats the plan, the company that made the cab is still on the go so I'll hopefully will be able to get all the parts I need

Finished first year at uni now so off for summer, so thought it would be a good buy as a summer project

Going to try and do as much of the work myself if I can

Will keep you updated!

• Like 1

I hadn't either and any pictures I had seen were different style cabs

Its a C & G cab made in Dublin

The tractor is out of Scotland Originally and I bought it off my mums Uncle who lives about a mile from me who no longer needs it

A few buys yesterday.

2 x 4 meter x 2 meter willow "fencing" in a a Costco deal for less then £ 60 with a £ 10 voucher I got for a email fight about a double charge last week. That was in addition to getting a refund on my card and also sending me a cheque but I can't cash that.

P1030248_zps850f8b76.jpg

P1030249_zps132b2f20.jpg

A spare recoil starter for my and dad's Howard 350 since the ropes break at busy times

P1030250_zps7799ab19.jpg

A replacement throttle cable for dad's 350 

P1030251_zpsc6b17247.jpg

A replacement Tom Tom from Costco.....the last one kept losing GPS signal

P1030252_zps36e448e7.jpg

Went to a local antiques and collectors fair this morning, first I've been to for about a year now. After a good look around the stands I came across this, (pictured) I've always wanted one but have never found an example that I could afford, or I should say, more affordable. It's not antique but does have a little age and the design is the same as it has been for 150 years. It has an 8 day movement and in the drawer under there are enough new packs of cylinder charts for the next 5 years and it's all up and running. I have re-set it to the barometric pressure according to the reading on my digital weather station. You can still buy these new, this one is now currently £1500.

post-806-0-68731600-1369507530_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Today a sheet of 8 foot x 4 foot 6mm MDF board from GPH Builders Merchants Ltd at Westhill to pack out the back of a Stag corner display unit I bought for £ 40 from Magpie at Inverurie a few weeks ago. I bought one unit with display and cupboard and another display top only so it will fit nicely on the corner wall above the lounge TV after I pack the back of it out 8)

Shame Costco don't sell MDF as well but these flexible straps were far better than ropes and well I have an aversion to using ratchet straps ;D  ;D

P1040126_zps2415e35d.jpg

• Like 1

just picked up a second genuinie panasonic class 10 16gb sd card for the camera, 25 quid in the panasonic shop, ,sniped at £10 .86 for the first and £9.00 for the second, with free 2nd class postage, bargin i thinks :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  total of 4480 pics for the wedding in october with any luck, battery wont last that long mind :laugh:

• Like 1

What is your new job Mark  :huh: oh and hope it turns out to be a good one.

Hi Bill my new job is loft converting .I will be working for Attic Design , from wellington somerset  covering most of the southwest.  I got made redundant on Monday after 16 years, the firm went bankrupt . Sad because of some non payers,

I know the feeling Mark... 6 of us were told last August our jobs were being made redundant since the the UK statutory accounts preparation and corporation tax returns were being done in Dubai since it was cheaper....I not saying no more but after 25 years plus dedicated service ...it will be their loss and my gain...Onward and upward ;D  ;D

Again...Mark... I wish you have found a good new job

• Like 1

Google and Amazon will do the books for you Bill, they seem to know how to save money!

Purchased a nice Kenwood car radio today in a local charity shop, not a very sophisticated one, it has TI, RDS and all that but non of this Bluetooth or mp3 connection but does have the CD facility which is what I wanted plus the front pops off the radio in the Defender is/was a tape player one of non description. The new one is new, still in the box with everything there should be with it including the case for the front for £30. Had to buy a harness plug adapter as the vehicle wiring had no plugs, just a half dozen wires in one of those opaque wire connectors that you buy in a strip and cut up to your requirements, anyway, all wired in and up and running. Boogie on!

• 3 weeks later...

A new Hozelock 7 position Multi Spray Pro to replace my old one which broke after being dropped but has done many years of dedicated service than I care to remember ;D  ;D  I looked in the local garden center and they wanted £ 26.99 and even with their gardeners club members discount of 10% I thought £ 24.29 was a tad expensive. Anyway a look on Amazone and I got one delivered free for £15.25 saving 37% on the discounted garden center price. I try to support local business places when ever I can but not at that rip off price I'm afraid.

P1040831_zpsfc058d09.jpg

P1040832_zps408812e4.jpg

I think the old one must have been left out in the sun too long :huh: 

P1040833_zpsacf4ead5.jpg

P1040834_zpsfd90c65e.jpg

• Like 1

There's a chap that has a large tool stall in the local market town on Wednesdays and Saturdays Bill that sells a lot of garden tools stuff and I noticed last week that he had a pile of very similar multi-spray guns but not Hozelock but at the very competitive price of between £2.50 and £4.50, he had 2 sorts.

Last Sunday in the local car boot sale I picked up a new boxed 10.1" white tablet PC, didn't ask why the lad was selling it but it was unused, even had a black leather case with it that doubles as a stand There's no brand name on it as such but it's an exact 'copy' of the new Samsung tablet PC. Brilliant bit of kit.