Will and Karen Southgate would like to wish all Farm Toys forum members a very happy new year.

We hope this year will be a year for moving forward, thinking positive and making things happen. We are all living in difficult times, but this is an opportunity for us all to scrabble our way up the pile and make the world a better place.

May all your dreams come true, and may your year be full of happiness and good health.  Take care!

• Like 2

Well said Will especially on good health...... something money can't really buy.....now then I haven't seen you post much here of late so I'm glad you are back on and I hope to see how you are getting on with that Albion restoration 8)

Well said Will especially on good health...... something money can't really buy.....now then I haven't seen you post much here of late so I'm glad you are back on and I hope to see how you are getting on with that Albion restoration 8)

The Albion restoration is a bit of a sore point and a chicken and egg situation. My wife and I are always trying to get ahead financially so we can afford the time and money to do the enjoyable things in life. Hobbies and holidays are pretty high on the list.  We are still heading slowly in the right direction and have several irons in the fire. This year we have targets and I'm seriously thinking about my future as an employed person so we can have the freedom I had when I had my own business. Times are hard and people don't spend money like they did ten years ago, so this year will be a trial period for some of our ideas. We hope to expand our cat breeding program this year. If all goes well that should give us a good financial boost too.

Back to the item in question........ I've made four sides to the cab and started rebuilding the doors. The roof will be next, but as I have no workshop to work in; I have to rely on good weather and daylight. If things work out this year and I do go self employed again; I will probably try to rent a building on a nearby farm. That will be the answer to all that I hope to do. I don't want a lavish palace of a workshop, just space and a dry well lit place to work in.  Like many more of us, I should have done all this thirty years ago. I'm sixty now and just need a second life and a lottery win to get it all done. (Hopefully a bit more than  the six quid I last won!!)  ;)

Edited by britainswomble
  • Like 1