Renault

David Brown

They did produce quite a few Renaults and then when Claas took over they painted them lime green. I have got most of the dealer boxed ones hoping that they accrue value in years to come.

I got an email from Creative Masters yesterday and they have cut the price of a number of models, one of which is the Renault D22 tractor from 1956 in 1:16 scale to half price.

local farmer to  us had 145 and 155, inc a nectis ,went to ares after that ,but didnt go class when they took over, went back to jd and mf then as he had been before the ford car dealership right next to him was taken over to the renault tractor  dealer. also know  of a renault tipper trailer, no idea who made them on their behalf, but its a pretty well built trailer and hes had that from new , don't know of any others round either

005.jpg

022.jpg

local farmer to  us had 145 and 155, inc a nectis ,went to ares after that ,but didnt go class when they took over, went back to jd and mf then as he had been before the ford car dealership right next to him was taken over to the renault tractor  dealer. also know  of a renault tipper trailer, no idea who made them on their behalf, but its a pretty well built trailer and hes had that from new , don't know of any others round either

005.jpg

022.jpg

Interesting

In terms of Renault toy tractors I think we have been well catered for in the past. Britains certainly provided the budding carpet farmer with plenty of variations from the Herdsman 70.14 up to the larger .14 and .54 tractors, and latterly the over sized Cergos too. Siku to a slightly lesser extent did the same as well with the 145.14 and also providing us with an early version of the Ceres. I remember having most of the Britains Renaults on my own carpet farming operation as well as a Siku 145.14 with a backhoe too. I enjoyed every second of them. I remember Siku also producing the Nectra liveried version which I think are rather rare now.

As for Universal Hobbies, I think they did a pretty decent job of covering the more modern ranges in their early days at producing model tractors with a higher standard of detail, just prior to the Claas deal. They also briefly delved into releasing the odd vintage and classic variation too in both 1/32nd scale and 1/16th scale.

Make no mistake about it i'd love to see some much higher detailed models of the .14 and .54 ranges by one of the current model manufacturers.

The only Renaults I currently have in my own collection now are this pair of Britains 145.14 tractors bought largely because I had them when I was much younger.

P1130942_zpsc9154911.jpg

P1130941_zps55eea30e.jpg

Can't be many about, mine was new in 2006 on a 55 plate in Kent and looked identical to that, thanks for letting us know, will try and find the photo!

same year howard as mine,but i recall ours was an ex demo machine from southeren harvesters at michaldiver,same rollers as well howard?

Archived