My britains lorries

Just thought id share my little collection of britains lorries, most of which iv tinkered with apart from the skip wagon i managed to get that off ebay. il start first with my long wheel base models...442478FB_zpsc7041881.jpg?t=1362518666now my tippers...A28B9C35_zps1043341d.jpg?t=1362518689mixers...FBAC7491_zps1d9c5bc9.jpg?t=1362518705skip wagon...66EA6F98_zpse34bbacf.jpg?t=1362518729and last of all my milk tanker!!CEF2559A_zpsf309ee6d.jpg?t=1362518782like i say its not a huge collection but i only started last summer so hopefully in a  few years will be adding a alot more:)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a big fleet of Britains work horses there, Jordan. Some nice work on some of them too. Your eight leggers are great and you topic on them shows the effort you put into them. I also like that skip lorry though, the graffiti and grubby look of the skip is bang on the money :)

Thanks i just cut the chassis add the extra axle then re-join it back to gether with bits of plastruct on the insides of the chassis and the front i cut and drill a small piece of steel to mimick where the front pins go its hard to explain so heres a pic07E4344A_zps77fc1f3a.jpghope this helps mate:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very smart indeed, Jordan. I think a lift off livestock box could look quite the part on that..... Or, Ford Motor Company colours with a cargo of brand new 6600's lashed down 8)

dont forget to add the folded/ rolled up tarp up by the headboard either :laugh:  :laugh: , will you repaint the lorry any time??

have you tried a twin drive axel lorry with fith wheel yet?? would make for an intresting convo with that flatbed on it

I will paint the cab just not sure what colour I'm going to do it yet. Is a fith wheel where they stay up in the arch and can be lowered when required?

The fifth wheel is the horse shoe shaped piece on the back of the truck where the trailer hooks on to the wagon. What your describing is a tag /middle lift axel where one set of back wheels can lift to reduce wheel ware :) Another really nice convo by the way :)

as james said, thats the trailer point, a lot of older wagons like that one would have had twin rear drive axels, but not liftable ones?? trissy will know for sure, i can certainly remember tuckwells haveing a huge fleet of mercs like that on grain / beet duties in suffolk when younger

as james said, thats the trailer point, a lot of older wagons like that one would have had twin rear drive axels, but not liftable ones?? trissy will know for sure, i can certainly remember tuckwells haveing a huge fleet of mercs like that on grain / beet duties in suffolk when younger

Yes they'd either be double drive or the back/tag axel would lift. Normally on older trucks like this the back axel would be on a bit of extra chassis rail that had been welded on, hence the name tag axel as it was just tagged on :)

Archived