My britains lorries

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see thanks for all your knowledge I don't know much about trucks at all I just find britains lorries quite easy to work with. I have made a twin rear drive axle as I would like to make a low loading bed for my excavators and thought it would cope better with heavier loads. The only problem I'm having is where to find smaller wheels as the loading bed needs to be "low" and the britains wheels are quite big which makes the bed far too high any suggestions as to where I could find any? Here's my twin axle but not sure if the fifth wheel is in the right place the traile looks way too far back but if its any further forward the arches hit the stands:(post-3634-0-53146600-1368470128_thumb.jppost-3634-0-42591300-1368470147_thumb.jppost-3634-0-27599000-1368470175_thumb.jp

That's another nice conversion. The reason the trailer sits so far back is probably because that's quite a long chassis but still yet another good conversion :) can I ask when you cut and stick the chassis does it become very fragile and what glue do you use to stick the chassis to the plasticard/strukt as I've herd it's hard to glue :)

Thanks I use ca thick super glue made by vita bond it sticks anything together I've found, once it goes off it feels as strong as the original model but you have to give it a good day to take! Thanks tris that's a brill idea:)

very tidy jordan, as for hi-abs, theres a couple out there, but they aint cheap, first one looks a bit small for 32nd, i recon its a conrad 35th

http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-2149379/29000-Palfinger-Laadkraan-(leverbaar-Juli-Augustus-2013).html

secons looks biggger but is more expensive again

http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-28510067/29001-Palfinger-Grof-Laadkraan-(beperkt-leverbaar).html

Another brilliant conversion. Those hiabs are very expensive but there is a cheaper one however it has a lot less detail. Its made by dikies and is on a cheap Mercedes that's roughly 1/32, I know there available at toy master and just found this on eBay if its any help http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dickie-Toys-Kids-Mate-Heavy-City-Truck-/271078973667

Found it,as you can see it's way bigger than that Conrad Palfinger,as it should be, 8 feet = 96 inches divide by 32 = 3inchs,whereas 96 divide by 50 = 1.92 or 2 inches give or take,so the Palfinger is 50% to small,??

Hiab002re_zpsb77bbff2.jpg

Hiab003re_zpse9fa0966.jpg

Regards

Joe.

How about getting a britains log grab from either one of the britains forestry spec valtras or the old britains log trailer and then adapting it to have an extendible boom, would be a cheaper option certainly?  Probably find one or the other going cheap on ebay

The log grabs don't fold up in the correct way to be lorry mounted. The crane Joe has is to be honest, the only one that is exactly right. It just looks a little too 'toy' like but that can be rectified with some HIAB decals for instance and some pipes/hoses fitted I would have thought.

That's just what I'm looking for joe don't suppose you want to sell it do you? I've got some hose I cud put on but how would I go about making some decals for it, how does anyone make them so small I've tried a dyno tape on its smallest font for number plates and there massive still!

Sorry Jordan,that "Hiab" is ear marked for a future project,keep checking E-bay that's where I got that one,your Dymo is no good whatsoever for making decals,what you need is a good printer and some waterslide decal paper,plenty on E-bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R2.TR10.TRC0&_nkw=water+slide+decal+paper&_sacat=0&_from=R40, Inkscape is a graphics  editor,just copy and paste Inkscape into a search engine,and you'll get this,http://inkscape.org/

Regards

Joe.

Thanks joe I thought it would be a long shot haha! Il definitely have to get on to that for decals got to many wagons that need something on them. Just a small update on the flat bed decided to add some mirrors paint the wheels silver and put the tank back oops! Here she is unloading some sand bags and slabs for the drive.post-3634-0-65562300-1369772884_thumb.jppost-3634-0-42875500-1369772907_thumb.jppost-3634-0-43043400-1369772929_thumb.jppost-3634-0-51481800-1369773007_thumb.jp

Archived