Massey Ferguson 390 4wd

Looks a good 4wd, UH got the 690 and 390 wrong way round. Should have been 2wd 690

Cheers

Fully agree with that,

Was that not the original plan? Seem to remember the first prototypes were like that?

First class very nice indeed ............can you spill the beans how to split the tractor to do the conversion ........having never done one before gotta start somewhere ........Stephen Frator was at Perth on Sunday and said it can be very costly if it goes wrong ......so if possible can you advise a few steps what to do \ how to do it .....

oh 4wd from a uh ford,nice,many conversion potential these uh390,390 t would be a lazy convo ;D

First class very nice indeed ............can you spill the beans how to split the tractor to do the conversion ........having never done one before gotta start somewhere ........Stephen Frator was at Perth on Sunday and said it can be very costly if it goes wrong ......so if possible can you advise a few steps what to do \ how to do it .....

most uh models usually prise up the bonnet from the grill to find a screw under the bonnet then two screws under the rear arches to get the cab off, pull off steering wheel,then there is a screw either under the seat or to the seat from underside of chassis to get floorpan off then you will see the screws holding the chassis together,undo those and you can get playing about with droping different front axles in filed to fit ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this finished today!

I've painted the chassis the correct colour,

Sprayed the wheels the correct colour,

And added other finer details on the handles, wheel nuts and bonnet etc

Hope you like

Thanks for looking

DSC_1059_zpsf6e0d5d1.jpg

DSC_1061_zps383a69e4.jpg

DSC_1064_zps5b5f2779.jpg

DSC_1066_zps556649b3.jpg

DSC_1068_zps38864a15.jpg

The chassis colour is genuine MF paint,

It is charcoal grey and the wheels are silvermist

Thanks for your comment

Ahh when I get round to getting one it will have to have a chassis respray then as i have a can of charcoal grey left over from another project!

Well done, Jack_c.

Only I don´t see the drive axle bar. You can put on in the model, in the left side.

Best regards.

Ssssssshh... ;) 

I am going to try and put it onto the next one I do, I plan to have it but want it so that it doesn't affect the axle movement so it will have to have some movement in it at both ends

Archived