Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No this will be the farm workshop. Making a few bits to go into it as we speak. Thought I better do the inside before doing the roof this time!! The other shed is ticking along slowly, got the roof done - just need to paint that and fit it properly. Once both shed are at the same stage I can begin to do the finer details like moss, weeds, surfaces, fence etc - there will be a gap between the two for field access. Got a really good picture coming together in my head now.  :) :)

I had a fair idea but now that two are nearing the final stages bar the detailing bits it doesn't half make life easier. They will be next to eachother - the long open shed to the left, then a gap for a gateway then the workshop. Opposite the open shed will be a dutch barn, then running down the right of the display a large Scaloox/wodden shed running lengthways.

Longshed  gate     Workshop

w                                           B

r   } shed here

l                                             i

l                                             k

Dutchbarn---wall---entrance

Does that make sense?? This will be like the homestead - it will grow into a modern day farm over a VERY long period of time!!

looking very nice tris, better than the green sheds i have :-[:-[

You cant go wrong with them, I have three aswell. Like the set up in Classic Tractor, a bit of dust on the roof, some troughs and hickledypickledy gates around them with some cattle and they look just the job. Mine my yet find a home in my display one day!!

I had a fair idea but now that two are nearing the final stages bar the detailing bits it doesn't half make life easier. They will be next to eachother - the long open shed to the left, then a gap for a gateway then the workshop. Opposite the open shed will be a dutch barn, then running down the right of the display a large Scaloox/wodden shed running lengthways.

Longshed  gate     Workshop

w                                           B

r   } shed here

l                                             i

l                                             k

Dutchbarn---wall---entrance

Does that make sense?? This will be like the homestead - it will grow into a modern day farm over a VERY long period of time!!

years in our case    but we'll enjoy the experiences allong the way

Rome wasn't built in a day and nor are 1/32nd farms ;D ;D ;D

Pointing I used water down Bostik, paint was the same as the other one. One coat of Crown Indulgence Sumptious Silk - applied with normal brush. Then the same brand Tuscan Olive mixed with grey and wiped over loosley and thinly with a smaller modelling brush. Here are a couple more, workbench now painted.

:) :)

post-227-132638525216_thumb.jpg

Cheers mate!! I jst kind of knocked it together as I went along but it turned out pretty well in all fairness, fragile though. The racking needs some paint and I'm away for the rest of the week so that will have to wait till I get to the shop.

PS no MSN on this pc hence a no show from me Mattias.

Oh well MJ, the pics are all her in various Topics now anyway. Did you take that number ten fuse you? You only text me a short while ago from the Mickey 5. ... . Ahhhh CB slang again!!!!!  ::):-[

I got an email saying there was a delay in sending earlier come to think of it.  >:(

• 3 weeks later...

Well, started on the roof now. I have had this made for a while but never got round to putting pics up. I have started on the end planking now and it is a painstaking rate of progress. Need to glue the first two in place as shown, then wipe away excess glue and get them in the perfect position and leave it alone now. Give these time to firm in place and it should make doing the rest easier, otherwise you end up with it moving around all the time.

post-227-132638527429_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263852744_thumb.jpg

Close up of the first two planks, overlapping as would be the case in real life buildings.

The masking tape has no function except to cover the gaps and corners where the roof sections meet. Just to stop the filler becoming brittle in these places when I add it to the roof Smallclaas style  ;)

post-227-132638527443_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638527446_thumb.jpg

dam tris looking good mate,any pics of it insitu yet or still a bit fragile for that ,

Later today I hop, depends as I have to go out shortly abd then got to get up at 4:30!!! Probably won't get a photo of it completed but may be able to just plonk it on the shed for a quick pic for you later on.