New Holland T8 in Cambs/Herts/Essex

mrol

Does anyone know of a New Holland T8 operating in this area of the country - I've never managed to see one in real life and still can't decide if they are ugly or not - so thought I should seek out a real one in the flesh? Doe's never seem to have any in their yards when I've passed by.

John Deere have such a stranglehold on the tractor market in my area, it's a challenge finding anything much that isn't JD green, and even when you do, it's normally still green - but with red rather than yellow wheels.

your best bet is to ring nh dealers in that area and ask if they have sold any and to what farms

Don't want to sound rude but a dealership probably wouldn't tell that to any old tom **** on the phone as you would sound like someone trying find farm tractors and machinery to steal to order

Don't want to sound rude but a dealership probably wouldn't tell that to any old tom **** on the phone as you would sound like someone trying find farm tractors and machinery to steal to order

hadnt thought of that Alex,its what i used to do to track down a particular tractor,but i know the dealers well

They did have one on hire near me in 2011 but last year bought two slightly smaller tractors instead, one NH and one JD.

It is becoming irritatingly all green and yellow again here as well >:(   Im right on the Suffolk ,Norfolk, Cambridgeshire borders and so the three competing Deere dealerships are squeezing each other so much they are probably as cheap as the rivals with a better resale value......................I don't blame the farmers but its getting boring again!  And what with Malcys crowd in the combine division as well!!!  I like my JDs and Lexions but I don't like seeing them in every field  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Im particularly aggrieved lately as one of the few decent MF users whose fleet was up for change has gone JD as well with 6190Rs on crappy thin wheels and cheapskate 6150Ms to get the price lower no doubt  UGGGHHH!    I don't know any farm locally that has an MF7600..............not one :  and yet the dealers down the road :of  and I was led to believe these were fergies best yet ???

Whilst I can't promise anything i'm hoping to photograph one of these tractors on demonstration later this year in North Yorkshire with a Magnum user. :)

Your photos should definitely help settle the beauty v beast debate!

• 3 weeks later...

Headed over to Power in Action on Wednesday and there were a couple of T8s there - so finally got to see one. Verdict: They aren't the prettiest thing but I think I prefer it to the huge bulbous nose of the Magnums. They were both the T8.390s - sadly the new T8.420 wasn't there - it runs on larger wheels (like the Fendts) and I think that might help the overall look of the thing as well. If anyone is going to Tillage Live, apparently the 420 is being shown there for the first time in the UK so do grab a picture or two!

83FF7007-5520-4532-8A23-A8F3AC806975-182

Archived