Britains 2014 Models

ALLEN XL

Anyone got the new JCB 3C yet? Saw one on a model/toy stall at a local show yesterday and it looked quite the business, didn't buy it, two reasons, couldn't carry it on the tractor I was showing and it was a bit too expensive so looked on eBay last night and bought one for nearly £5 below recommended retail with free postage.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they revisit the IH or do a DB and not break promises again next year....... they could easily do a 885 xl ect they done deeres and ford to death of late and everyone covering massey it would be nice to see the other uk manufacturers Leyland (not rodless---ford) or county----ford yet again) although I wouldent turn down a 3 cylinder ford ha ha!

I thought that some classic tractor experts, like Rory Day of Classic Tractor, helped the Britains/Tomy staff find correct examples of these John Deere tractors for the models? Bit odd if they got all the weights wrong on them.

I hope they revisit the IH or do a DB and not break promises again next year....... they could easily do a 885 xl ect they done deeres and ford to death of late and everyone covering massey it would be nice to see the other uk manufacturers Leyland (not rodless---ford) or county----ford yet again) although I wouldent turn down a 3 cylinder ford ha ha!

i would love to see a yellow leyland 804,explorer cab version,that is one classic i would buy

I thought that some classic tractor experts, like Rory Day of Classic Tractor, helped the Britains/Tomy staff find correct examples of these John Deere tractors for the models? Bit odd if they got all the weights wrong on them.

Probably down to cost, they are not exactly expensive, and how many more would they sell if the front weights were changed? It won't stop me buying them and I guess the same for most others!

looks like the same old plastic wheels,i dont know if its the colour but britains john deere wheels allways look naff,could be sorted out by a can of jd yellow,but apart from that and the weights,they look very good

Cheap plastic nowadays Paul, lessens the appearance of most Britains toys for me.

Look fantastic, as said not perfect but much more realistic than us latest offerings at 3xs price

Saw the other day in the flesh and I have to say top marks, of course it's not perfect and suffers from the painted plastic effect but overall good for the money

i think Mike one out of the 3 does not have the front weights,also in real life,the 3040 and 3140 were identical in size,length, height,width,on standard tyres, the 3640 was longer than the other 2 and sat higher because of bigger wheels/tyres,i also should add before the info gets picked to pieces by some john deere weirdo,the specs come from a uk brochure,and from talking to a retired jd sales rep,who really rates the models,talking to him about the britains jd releases yesterday

Thanks Paul sounds very interesting they do look the same, I can see your point, I thought that the 3140 was going to be a 2wd version

And it would of been nice if one of them had dual rear wheels or a floatations, that's my only thought,I had thought it was just a decal change another way of increasing the sales like other manufacturers do.

Thanks again for the reply

Mike

I found pics oft he Kuhn VB2160 baler at debenhams webshop: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_171030597699_-1

First impression: nice-looking, simple model, detailed printings, missing PTO and jack stand.  The bale ramp seems to grind over the ground? Note the new green bale.

Gernod

Archived