Classic Tractor October 2013

The October issue is due to be published tomorrow, as usual the last Friday of the month. As a subscriber I usually receive my copy at the beginning of the week but have not as yet. Has anyone got their copy yet?

Yep, mine arrived on Wednesday, lovely feature in Collectors corner of Peter Faulker's collection of scratch built models, lots of other thing i've not read yet, old vs new New Holland feature looks good.

I'm glad you approve Paul....first major article I have done for Rory and Classic Tractor and it was nice to be in the 150th issue. I suppose I can post up the balance of my unused photos in the topic now but that will be later on this week since a lot on at present.

Good question SPN, not sure I know the answer though I'd think with Fiat's component making expertise and enthusiasm for making everything in-house at the time, that it was probably Fiat made as opposed to being bought in from another manufacturer.

BC, yes, good work on the New Deer Show report, a tremendous event that you covered well for CT. Many thanks.

Regards

RD

my issue has been scanned from cover to cover but will be with me at work this week to make sure i havent missed anything. I still have every issue form number one to date and can never bring myself to throw any out as i often use them for reference in model builds, more so when i did tractors than now but i thought id mention a good idea involving old classic tractor mags.... For those of us who collect models ive noticed so many good backgrounds for displays in classic tractor mags, has anyone ever thought of cutting them out and displaying there models in front of them, for example in one issue there was a good pic of a royal show in the 70,s where the 500 range and 760 combine took the stage and this i cut out of the mag and have my models displayed in front of it...And as for the mag its certainly kept me interested through the years but in the last year or maybe slightly more the contents just seem to be getting more and more right up my street and the articles on old foragers and balers just keep me reading and reading, so wherever you are getting you,re info id say keep it coming but the only problem i have with classic tractor is that it only comes out once a month and ive it all read before the 2nd of the following month and then ive nearly 4 weeks to wait again.....so well done on years of keeping us machinery nuts entertained....

B O R,

This is great stuff, love it, many thanks. Interesting to hear what you have to say about the content as I'd always wondered if some of it gave inspiration to modellers. You are very perceptive about the content over the past 1-2 years as we've trying a few different things with implements, such as foragers, and user studies on owners of old implements, and it seems to have been well received by the readers. Certainly the sales seem to back this up, especially in Ireland, north and south.

As for increased frequency of the magazine, steady on it is hard enough doing one issue never mind two a month! But point taken and nice to hear such a thing being said. Hopefully we can continue to keep things nice and fresh and bring everyone some unique and entertaining content well into the future.

Regards

RD

As always Rory an excellent issue :) Id just like to thank you for including alot of Irish based articles and while the magazine is excellent I find that when theres something local to me on it , it makes for a great read.

I have heard of an upcoming Fleet profile lads and the DB men certainly wont be disapointed .

Blue Man,

Cheers for that. You're right, there was a decent bit of Irish content in the October issue and the copies for Ireland also had a unique front cover (UK one had two New Hollands on the cover; Ireland had an MF 1135 and silage team). The content inside was absolutely the same though.

We're always looking to improve our Irish coverage so keep your eye out for stories and don't be afraid to pass on suggestions for features.

Regards

R Day

Archived