Jan Veenhuis Semi flatbed trailer.

Something i just do not tell. Weatering is a technique where i have practice jears for.

There are things that i would love to share.....only weathering is not one of that.

I only have one tip; practice and a lot of guts! :)

This is a hobby that we all share here so I do not understand the point of keeping something secret, we do not want to stifle new modelers but encourage them to build. I understand a company to make money is something secret but not a hobby .. but that is my opinion.

ol,what i do is get cement dust or grey tile grout,something powderey,brush on with a small brush until you get the finish you desire,more dust heavier looking effect,but less is more as they say,just practice on an old tyre,it baffles me that sjonnie would not help,perhaps one day he will want help

This is a hobby that we all share here so I do not understand the point of keeping something secret, we do not want to stifle new modelers but encourage them to build. I understand a company to make money is something secret but not a hobby .. but that is my opinion.

and in my opinion you are right pete,this forum is drowning in other stuff apart from models,we need to encourage anybody that wants advice and help,or soon this forum will be another facebook

As i said....i would love to help only not with this one. Sorry but that is up to me or not. If you know how many people i wlready helped with problems and stuff you would have some more respect for my dissision.

I think it is great that people help eachother but at the same time, I appreciate that some people have worked hard and spent a lot of time perfecting their skill so why should they give all that self taught skill away at the drop of a hat?

Sjonnie builds some superb models, infact, every model he builds is superb!! It is good of him to show the models here and to tell us how he has made things but sometimes, a guy likes to have a few secrets and a few tricks up his sleeve. I don't blame anyone for wanting to keep a few ideas a secret now and again.

Archived