Heavy Equipment Model Show

robbo

I know this is short notice but if you are in the North West and at a loose end tomorrow then why not visit the Heavy Equipment model show at The Mercure, Dunkenhalgh Hotel, Accrington, Lancs, BB5 5JP between 10am and 4pm.

I know that Andy will be there with the FTF/Model Farmer stand and, if you want to see something special, I believe JCB Bloke will be there with his layout including all the recent additions.

http://www.miniature-construction-world.co.uk/showindex.html

https://www.facebook.com/HeavyEquipmentModelShow

Here are a few photos from inside the show, there were also a collection of trucks outside but I didn't get to them

First, a view across the main room

SAM_0745_zps190d148d.jpg

SAM_0749_zps4578c639.jpg

SAM_0751_zps441daf4c.jpg

SAM_0753_zpsc0a7ae1c.jpg

Damian and Hazel were there with their masterpiece, if you haven't seen it "in the flesh" you have no idea what you are missing, it is simply stupendous

SAM_0764_zps7edda0b2.jpg

SAM_0765_zps623318c5.jpg

SAM_0767_zps7c535b5a.jpg

SAM_0768_zpse6c1b609.jpg

It was worth the journey just to see this layout alone

This was an unusual machine although not finished yet, it comes in 2 pieces and is for transporting wind turbines and is completely hand built from meccano, once he has finished the trailers the builder will then be starting on the tractor unit but he still has up to 2 years work left on the trailers

SAM_0789_zps568ccad6.jpg

SAM_0788_zpsf45724a9.jpg

SAM_0790_zps4d35835f.jpg

Everything on this table is made from off cuts of metal

SAM_0791_zpsf750c87e.jpg

Looks a good show Mike and thanks for sharing the photos....I had a laugh at one photo with Andy the joiner looking surprised but I suspect there was a lot of "red diesel reek" being spoken  ;D  ;D

Going to be a good show, again fully booked and real heavy haulage trucks outside as well

Andy....did you or young Alfie remember to take a camera and share some photo's of the real deal with us :huh:

I know what you mean James I have seen  the D&H Hampson display for many years now and it gets better and better each time...2 perfectionist's  and I like their style since I like to operate like that at work and play ( Done once done right) and if a job's not worth doing right I will walk away

Here are a few images of the trucks that were sat in the car park three minutes walk from the main hall.

PA200261_zps67da2a62.jpg

This Scania was what everyone's eye's were drawn towards first.

PA200260_zps7cb9ec5d.jpg

Not on the road yet but ready to work with this on the back.

PA200264_zps83fe5959.jpg

Another two brand new trucks in the way of these two Mercs and a Scania

PA200262_zpsba9431f4.jpg

PA200263_zpsd18f28c5.jpg

Great array of photographs from an absolutely fantastic variety of layouts and stands. Thanks for sharing Mike and James. Always great to see Damien and Hazel's breath taking master piece which I have been fortunate enough to see in the flesh twice previously. The forestry layout stands out for me too, some excellent attention to detail. :)

What a show! Thanks chaps for the photos, the older display of the transport yard featuring the Atkinsons looks really nice, I like that a lot. Some big English manufacturers there, all died a death partly to the governments of the time and the ill fated British Leyland takeover of just about every truck manufacturer of the time!!

Damien and Hazels display is just mouthwatering, every finite detail finished beyond perfection. Infact, I'd go so far as to say that their display is the eye candy of dioramas!! :lol:

Really good effort on the dioramas though all in all, the 1/50th scale stuff really does have a huge amount of models available for all sorts of things nowadays, those cranes are something else!!

Archived