New Prestige 1/32 range ?

Neil D

Well taking a leaf from another forum instead of bitchin on here about what models I wanted to see, I emailed Britains and gave them my opinion and views on a high quality range for those of us who are collectors as opposed to being carpet farmers.

I got a reply back to say they were considering a new Prestige range and to keep my eyes peeled.

So my advice to those of you who are not already emailling Britains to get going and make your opinions heard.

After all someone made the comment on here about the french and german manufacturers only wanting to do german tractors and you know he's telling the truth so if we want more british tractors we need Britains on our side.

Mind you Scaledown do some lovely models of Nuffields and Leylands etc

What email address should we us to contact them Neil?

I would like to see more models like the Precision John Deeres, and would be happy to spend £40-£60 on a model that was well built, detailed and accurate like Weise models, but of British machinery like David Brown, Nuffield, Leyland and Doncaster IH's.

I like the sound of this now the last few years ive went away from britains as they just didnt do it for me anymore but I picked up a JD3050 and a JD3350 and I must say really happy with them just sit well with the UH models I have.

sounds very promiseing im happy with the direction of britains the last few years lots would disagree lot would I think its far cry from the 90s and early 2000s

I just wish they could sell their range more wider and having a parent company like tomy im surprised they aint in toys r us or smiths or the entertainer they realy have to start pushing their product more now they have done the hard work that's my only gripe

sounds very promiseing im happy with the direction of britains the last few years lots would disagree lot would I think its far cry from the 90s and early 2000s

I just wish they could sell their range more wider and having a parent company like tomy im surprised they aint in toys r us or smiths or the entertainer they realy have to start pushing their product more now they have done the hard work that's my only gripe

But have you sent them an email telling them? thats the best way if we all send them emails

good luck

Neil

Some good points here. I have the 2 latest deere offerings,and I have to say they have blown me away.detail is fantastic.all I am going to do is add some crystal inserts on the lights and a new beacon from Dave Towse and that will be it for now. The yellow plastic they have used on the rims is also an improvement and looks nearer to the correct shade than on other deere models they have done.ever since the international 956 came out, you could see britains were moving in a good direction, and all for £16.50. If they had a prestige deere 3350, could they really improve it much for the extra £15? When I started collecting I wouldn't have britains on my shelf, as they looked as they are supposed to, a toy for 3 year olds, but now I have a few internationals and these deeres and I have to say they don't look out of place with the other manufacturers. keep it up britains!!!

Prestige or not. Id have no problem buying Britains now fo fill the cabinet. They realy have come on leaps & bounds over the last 3 years.Id have a Britains 100 times over a Siku. Siku are finshed with me.  Only thing I found this year with Britains realises was the NH T6.175 is missing mirrors which turned me off getting one . But the classic stuff from the IH /Case models, the Ford 66/7600 & TWs along with the JD 50 Series have been fantastic models for the money. Their first trys with the Ford 5000 ,7000 etc could have been better. So if we are talking PRESTIGE now ,then bring it on Britains with implements. ;D

I think a lot of people forget just how much influence the forum has had on developments on the britains range over the years , it's one thing to e-mail views , but all our feedback and ideas we put Into the topics get fed back. Via Andy's meetings face to face and the forums own models all adding to useful tips and steps forward ,the fact they do have a member on here viewing, our. Complaints on quality, the list is endless . And that's a input from every single member on here to , people could well be surprised what's possibly coming in the pipeline in the next year or two , and a good part from our own members inputs and wishes

there are so many britains farm facebook members which is the right one mate ?

Cant find it but you can email to this guy andrew.gibson@tomy.com

As regards Tractorman810's comments- fair eneogh, not being privy to a lot of what goes on here I emailled britains with my views and I still encourage everybody to email their own views. i would not rely on the fact that someone from Britains keeps an eye on this site because people can get blase and the progress Britains has made this past few years will be lost. The Ford 5000/7000 models are a case in hand, I do not have them in my collection for they are a poor representation.

At the end of the day a stack of guys asking for a particular tractor or implement to be modelled are going to have in my opinion a bigger impact than a few voices from this forum

Its good to know Britains take our feedback into account. Which is another reason why I respect them & the other being they give us machinery thats seen on everyday UK & Irish farms. Petty the other boys from mainland Europe do not look into our feedback.! Or do they ?? :-

In some cases Britains may not produce a good representation as Neil said of various tractors. But is it still worth collecting that model for the value it may hold 20+ years down the line,just like the value older Britains stuff from the 70's & 80's are making now . Cause if you think about it BRITAINS are alot more sought after than SIKU & ERTL from the same era.!!!

Justin you would be amazed how many of the brands look in here, including the smaller guys like weise toys , we all know bill walters, head of ertl's famer sections a member , kim from ros , the others prefer to remain hidden , and in some ways I cant blame them for that, potentially they could get flooded with mails etc ,  that's why having topics like quality issues, the ideas topic .and the rest have been set up, to allow them the feedback etc and new ideas,

truth be known they will all be members of the main European forums to like GPT and LCN, for the same reasons ,

I am not saying neil's idea is bad, but its very easy to respond to  what ,1 or say 40 odd e-mailers want to hear in a reply , and then loose it in the system , when you see 1000 plus odd posts in a topic on here, or other forums, the reasons for a new implement or tractor etc become a lot easier to justify in the terms of cost and development, as when they run the figures and very clearly to them the demands there .

Justin you would be amazed how many of the brands look in here, including the smaller guys like weise toys , we all know bill walters, head of ertl's famer sections a member , kim from ros , the others prefer to remain hidden , and in some ways I cant blame them for that, potentially they could get flooded with mails etc ,  that's why having topics like quality issues, the ideas topic .and the rest have been set up, to allow them the feedback etc and new ideas,

truth be known they will all be members of the main European forums to like GPT and LCN, for the same reasons ,

I am not saying neil's idea is bad, but its very easy to respond to  what ,1 or say 40 odd e-mailers want to hear in a reply , and then loose it in the system , when you see 1000 plus odd posts in a topic on here, or other forums, the reasons for a new implement or tractor etc become a lot easier to justify in the terms of cost and development, as when they run the figures and very clearly to them the demands there .

Well one thing is for certain Sean. UH would want to look in here alot more often & take account of our views after the year they had with some off their very bad realises. And the worst thing about it ,is they still started pouring 4wd & 2wd versions off the bad eggs into the market without making improvements. The MF 690,2680 etc & the Ford Gen 1 tractors being the bad ones.

Sean,

first of all I think its great that the site has members from the model makers and has a positive influence-keep up the good work!

However that should not stop individuals from making their feelings known and sorry to shoot down another of your arguments but I doubt if even ten members have responded over the years  never mind forty and for sure thousands will not because apathy reigns.

really neil ??? 10 have responded. just have a gander through the topics in this section for one?? and the others like uh and co ,

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/forum/44-suggestions-and-ideas-for-britains/

lets see jcb tm300?? ooo 2006 that was susgested , and look what came out, just because a topics not hot and live now does not stop the research guys doing the same as a lot of people do, and look through older topics, I can see a good few others that have matured over the years to. I am in now way putting down your efforts, feel free to e-mail away ,I was just stating that the forum as a whole already has a big influence on whats been bought out , what's been altered, the nasty hitch's for one ,  and what's in the pipe line to, I suspect our friends on a irish forum had a good deal of involvement in some recent slurry tankers?? , I was just saying that sometimes the power of a site what ever country its in, can be easier to use than a smaller number of people e-mailing away and sadly getting lost in the system

well as said before sean its a shame britains hard work that they have done the last few years isn't getting all the network or marketing recognition it deserves .... um I don't know the right phrase but boiled down I would love to go into high street shops "toys r us"  "entertainer" "smiths" ect and see britains farm  range on or in there shelves instead of the efforts I see around our  way I whent to smiths yesterday and low and behold there was a landrover  charleys seem to do more siku

its a total shame FASTLANE or FARMCITY god awfull range is well produced in  toys r us ok I think it has a place for early carpet farms but if I was a kid now ild be lost unless the internet

just think britains could be better represented and especialy with the latest brilliant offerings they are releaseing   I do hope they are addressing this as shopping in the flesh on the highstreet  isn't dead yet   and keep up the exelent work britains ........and FTF

niel  d,it does work,i emailed jcb about there new fastrac coming out they sent me some pictures of the prototype and i asked why there were no mirrors,low and behold,email back from jcb saying mirrors were going to be fitted,delayed the production of the model but that direct input changed there view,and im very proud of that,but it does help with the forum,manafactures do look on here,i just wish siku would take notice and get a grass header done for there claas jaguar

thanks guys, Sean I'm sorry if it appears I am belittling you guys in any way- its not that way at all, I would just love to see some good quality stuff coming so lets leave it at that and hopefully Britains will keep on a roll

Archived