Ford 8100

Been thinking about making an 8100 for sometime so finally made a start , its based on a UH TW 30 2wd thats had a few bits cut off from here and there ,I'm going to fit a rear linkage from artisan 32 and have fitted the original tyres onto 7810 wheel centers , I still have a bit to do to her but hopefully will sort it out over christmas ,I would be gratefull if any one had any suggestions on where to get a decent set of custom made decals from , any help would be appreciated , cheers ; shawn

post-2523-0-67035100-1387832264_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-35340000-1387832292_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-39080500-1387832313_thumb.jp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not every 8100 had the frontaxle backwards. See this (tired) one. What you do to need look out for, is the type of engine. Early 8100's had the truckengine, later ones the 6.6 liter engine just like the smaller TW's and 8210...

post-106-0-03085500-1387875327_thumb.jpg

Good project Shawn. Ive been meaning to do one of these myself with a while. Looking good so far. Henri Walkers decals are very neat & sharp. His email address is walkerparts@planet.nl  .      ;)

Thanks justin ,I'll have to send him an email, i did find some decals the other day but the detail on them just is'nt right

Not every 8100 had the frontaxle backwards. See this (tired) one. What you do to need look out for, is the type of engine. Early 8100's had the truckengine, later ones the 6.6 liter engine just like the smaller TW's and 8210...

am i right in thinking the early ones had a ford dorset truck engine in them ?

I've always had a soft spot for these unusual tractors. Looking forward to the end result Shawnie!

I didn't knew about the two different engines Jack. How can you tell the difference? I think there is still some discussion about who build it also. Some people say EVA, others County and again others saying County with EVA parts??

am i right in thinking the early ones had a ford dorset truck engine in them ?

Yes, you are right. The same engines were used by County and Roadless but then in agricultural spec.

I've always had a soft spot for these unusual tractors. Looking forward to the end result Shawnie!

I didn't knew about the two different engines Jack. How can you tell the difference? I think there is still some discussion about who build it also. Some people say EVA, others County and again others saying County with EVA parts??

Classic Tractor did an article on the 8100 not so long ago. I do not have it laying around at the moment, but maybe Rory could shed some light on it. To my knowledge County build the tractors. Don't think EVA parts were used, because they only made the large enginesupport?

The early engines were unstressed (because of the truckuse) and needed steal supports beside the engine. The later engines were designed as tractorengines and do not need the support rails, just as on the 7810.

Yes, you are right. The same engines were used by County and Roadless but then in agricultural spec.

Classic Tractor did an article on the 8100 not so long ago. I do not have it laying around at the moment, but maybe Rory could shed some light on it. To my knowledge County build the tractors. Don't think EVA parts were used, because they only made the large enginesupport?

The early engines were unstressed (because of the truckuse) and needed steal supports beside the engine. The later engines were designed as tractorengines and do not need the support rails, just as on the 7810.

Yes I read the Classic Tractor article but then my father in law is a member of the HMT club and in their Pionier magazine was another article about the 8100 saying EVA had build it! Many stories float about on the internet as well. The Ford Wikipedia page says that County build the 8100 with EVA parts...

A bit more done to the 8100 over the weekend ,

reversed the front axle , fitted a flashing light and some cab lights

sprayed and fitted the linkage and ordered the decals ,

main thing now is to sort the bonnet out

post-2523-0-81537500-1388347642_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-11657300-1388347669_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-00336800-1388347709_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-22915600-1388347736_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-10586100-1388347806_thumb.jp

post-2523-0-27106000-1388347827_thumb.jp

Looking good.  The front grill maybe  tricky to sort out. Would you consider using a Britains TW 20 or 10 front bonnet & grill. Even the old Britains TW20/7710 bonnet & grill might do.  ;)

You're right there justin , the front grill is causing alot of head scratching today , I would like to use the original grill and bonnet but still trying to think how best to do it , plan B is to see how the britains grill and bonnet fit from my TW 10  .

very tidy, looking at the bonnet it may be a simple thin plasti card covering made to get the right look???? then filled in to cover the gaps??  the exsisting county grill does seem to be inset compaired to the blue tin work?? ,either way you go it will certainly look good

very tidy, looking at the bonnet it may be a simple thin plasti card covering made to get the right look? ??? then filled in to cover the gaps??  the exsisting county grill does seem to be inset compaired to the blue tin work?? ,either way you go it will certainly look good

Thanks sean ,  plasti card did cross my mind even went to our local hobbie craft to get some only to be told that they dont stock it any more, will have to try and find some tomorrow , have tried fitting a britains TW 10 bonnet but its to short and just doesnt quite look right

Thanks sean ,  plasti card did cross my mind even went to our local hobbie craft to get some only to be told that they dont stock it any more, will have to try and find some tomorrow , have tried fitting a britains TW 10 bonnet but its to short and just doesnt quite look right

Only thing you could do there is maybe get 2 older Britains 7710/TW20 bonnets from Dave Towse . Cut & join them to make up the required length. Only saying this because I gave an 8100 convo a bit of taught not so long ago because I was thinking of doing one also.   ;)

How long does the britains tw bonnet need to be then Shawn ?? Got a feeling I may have a resin copy that's already been extended out in the shed, from mattais on here when he did a convo for tris I think it was , just need to find it. Shame you can't plate out the uh county one mind as it would save you money plus as you say the grill is pretty good and would just need masking off when you repaint the blue

Only thing you could do there is maybe get 2 older Britains 7710/TW20 bonnets from Dave Towse . Cut & join them to make up the required length. Only saying this because I gave an 8100 convo a bit of taught not so long ago because I was thinking of doing one also.   ;)

That would work justin ,I found myself some plasticard today though so going to have a play around with that first .

How long does the britains tw bonnet need to be then Shawn ?? Got a feeling I may have a resin copy that's already been extended out in the shed, from mattais on here when he did a convo for tris I think it was , just need to find it. Shame you can't plate out the uh county one mind as it would save you money plus as you say the grill is pretty good and would just need masking off when you repaint the blue

Thanks sean , but I'm going to use the original UH bonnet , as you say the grill looks good ,and I found a couple of spare ones on ebay the other day, so if I mess one up i've got another to have a go at , with abit of time and patience I'm determend to come up with something

Archived