Aberdeen Model Show 2014

Big A

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errrm I cannot write so please excuse my entry form but we will be there

Stevey is threatening to drive me trailer up as I will tanked up with the scottish stuff plus I am a danger

Cracking show lets bring it on

• 2 weeks later...

It has become apparent today that there is rumours doing the rounds about the Aberdeen show. I can assure you that the organisers are not pocketing the money from the show. Proceeds from the show go to the 2 chosen charities every year. I for one am sickened to think that I am being accused of ripping off a charity that helped my mother through a tough time. I would also like to point out that myself and Brian have done everything for the show free of charge and have also paid for our tables every year.

Andy

Sorry to hear that Andy, a great shame that such a well organised and popular event has been attached to such rumors. On understanding the reasons for your initial creation of the show, the link to the chosen charity and your open, warm and friendly personal conduct any time I have come across you I would see it as no more than malicious idle gossip. When something has been built from scratch and turns into a success you will always find an element of intellectually challenged individuals who will have nothing but negative things to say. Easier said than done I know but don't let it get to you, onward and upward, nothing but 100% faith in your integrity from me.

Hi Andy,Rumours thats all they are,but it hurts.You know what i say?Stick 2 fingers up to the people who are trying to spoil this great show and carry on to what you do best and organize a fantastic show.All for a good cause and people want to spoil this with very bad rumours.You dont need people saying this kind of thing or even turning up at the show.We are attending this show and supporting a good cause and will continue to do so.Cheers Shaun from a sunny Blackpool and look forward to catching up with everyone North Of The Border. :) 

Pure jealousy is the only thing I could think is what is behind such trash but hey I'm sure it will only make all the weirdos responsible for the show even more determined to make it an even better success >:D

I've known the Andy & Brian for a few years now (although I still cannot understand I word they say) and yes it hurts a soft southerner to say this but they are damn fine trustworthy people....wheres my bucket :-*

Andy/Brian

Sorry to hear that there is negative rumours being spread about your show, we do not believe any of it and know how much time and effort you both put into organising the event, and can only compliment the work that you both do, yourself and Brian were very supportive last year in helping us set up the Dingwall Show and that is the type of people you are - honest, reliable, hardworking and supportive.

Look forward to seeing you both in May and wish you all the best for another successful event supporting two very worthwhile causes.

Callum, Mark & Debbie

I echo the comments by Andy regarding the rumours regarding the proceeds from the Aberdeen show being "pocketed" by us!!

I was upset and angry that there are such small minded people out there ready to try and spoil an event that brings happiness to so many of us weirdo's involved with the hobby.

I will repeat the FACT, Andy and I have never made, or have any intention of making any personal gain from the show itself, yes we take and PAY for our own personal trade stands to sell our own wares from, occasionally making a shilling.

We have personally invested in this show from the outset and will continue to do so for the future. We are in it for the hobby and being able to make some money for charity at the end of the day is a huge bonus for us and shows the generosity of all who attend and support the show.

Roll on MAY :)

as others have mentioned, its just jealously  and nothing more, that a show can get up and running so quickly and be so well supported  right away, I would like to hope the person or persons  concerned are not members on here, and are hugely embarrassed  by making such stupid accusations , certainly not the sort of members we want on here if they are

in the past 3 years the Aberdeen show has become a landmark as the first in Scotland (now more are appearing due to seeing how good your show is but will never be the original Scottish show) and a roaring success with excellent sums being raised for the chosen charities with lots of hard work being put in by the organisers through their own hard times , anyone who is badmouthing the show organisers and the show full stop as said is jealous and bitter and should hang their head in shame , keep up the good work boys and make 2014 another successful year for the north east agri show and make the culprit choke on their words

unfortunately  when some thing is such a big success you then find your self on a pedestal ,and then there is (a--e h--e )some one just waiting to knock you off no matter what ,,

"ECHO" all what has been said ,the sheer success of this show

I am sure no one would blame you guys if you sacked the show off if this is the crap you are getting for raising all of that money for the charities,,, doing it in your spare time  and so all of us can benefit both traders and general public because you guys are putting on such a great show  ,,,,,but please,,, please ,,,don't play in to there hands ,,rise above it all and with you two guys what you see is what you get (I see through the ugly features you two have the bong eyes and extra body parts ;D ;D) I see honest ,straight up and genuine

Pete I'm guessing you can understand what they say then ? Or just half as your halfway between me and them >:D

I just nod and buy them another whiskey it seems to have worked so far

no not really I just have a fancy phone and I ask them to talk into it and the translator is mint ;D

the translator does struggle from time to time ,it will  not pick up ,,,ock I the nooo,,,I think this means would you like a beer Pete,

and who the hell is ""KEN """ god knows ,,but all those Scottish lot know him ,, ;D ;D ;D

now that's my journey to Scotland gana be a wast of me time ,they not gana buy nout of me yer nars if I keep tacking the micky out of them like !!

do I realy sound like OZ from Auf Wiedersehen Pet ??

You guys can understand us just fine, its only when we ask for discount that you pretend to be lost. Ken fit like, like?

this post needs removing,,, BRIAN ,,,said a naughty word """""DISCOUNT"""""you should know better and lead by example there are loads of members on here that might get the wrong impression that us traders give ""DISCOUNT"" if you ask !!!,,,then there might  be an epidemic of loads of customers wanting """DISCOUNT"" ,,then what will be  next ,,,FREEBYS, ::),,then the world will be ending ??? ???

I have a motto """every pound is a prisoner""" ;D ;D

well went out for a run on Saturday and decided to do some promoting for the show and good to see so many traders happy to promote the show

Earnvale tractors , Balbeggie , Sellars perth, Reekie perth, Harbro perth , A.M.Phillips perth , Agricar Perth , Reekie Cupar , Netherton tractors in Glenrothes . Carrs Billington in milnathort and Robertsons farm supplies in milnathort .

will be out for another trip this Saturday and see where round 2 of the posters and flyers go

well went out for a run on Saturday and decided to do some promoting for the show and good to see so many traders happy to promote the show

Earnvale tractors , Balbeggie , Sellars perth, Reekie perth, Harbro perth , A.M.Phillips perth , Agricar Perth , Reekie Cupar , Netherton tractors in Glenrothes . Carrs Billington in milnathort and Robertsons farm supplies in milnathort .

will be out for another trip this Saturday and see where round 2 of the posters and flyers go

Great work Brian :) although unfortunately I can't make it up this year :  :.... although question is how many models did you pick up from the dealers on your little trip??? :laugh:  :laugh:

Archived