hawthornfarms grainstores

Well the guys have been very busy lately.just a bit of muck and slurry left to do and the last bit of ploughing to do for maize, .              

T0 on the winter barley and t0 on the wheat have been done,also a pass through the wheat with  topik for control of wild oats in the wheat,also we have been through the spring barley with a herbicide to..the wheat has had  half dose of ferti with the balance in two wks .we have started to work the heavy land for maize with our new sumo multi press , behind our challenger mt 865.and our claas challenger on a 6 m power harrow.and the jd 9560 on the 10m cultipress.

The sprayer and fastrac and our field bowser,a 2nd hand jd 6200 sprayer that we picked up from hunts our jd dealer,that was a insurance right off,but tank was sound.some picks of the new sumo multi press and challenger.picked up a 2nd hand horsch 18 tonne chaser bin at a farm sale,be afther another one of these for yrs .getting silage kit ready.and the guys are getting finished on the maize drills to.and the case magnum 7240!on the 7 f plough.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave the farmer said:

Thanks Paul,and Ben could not think who made and when I got it.

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

cant get it any more Dave

I got mine about 7-8 years ago I think, saw one at Spalding for £75, they turn up now and again but I'd say expect to pay £75-80, maybe £100+ if you use that site that robs you in broad daylight *cough* eBay! :D 

Well we started mowing today down in Hampshire for 1st cut silage and here in Wiltshire too krone big m mrk 2 and jd 8360r on claas triples.new Holland t6 180 on Kuhn Tedder and jd 7810 on Kuhn Tedder.t1 sprays are due end of wk on wheats and also a herbicide on the spring barley and a fungicide on the rape is also due.no spraying today or tomorrow due to frost risk. Got some  scorch on some wheat from a wild oat herbicide from a few wks ago.we also have started drillin maize to with  2 amazone Dexter 8 row drills going and our jd 9560r on 10m simba cultipress and the claas 85e on the 6 m mashco power Harrow .the mt challenger is on the sumo 5m multi press on  heavy grd. In friont.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave the farmer said:

Well we started mowing today down in Hampshire for 1st cut silage and here in Wiltshire too krone big m mrk 2 and jd 8360r on claas triples.new Holland t6 180 on Kuhn Tedder and jd 7810 on Kuhn Tedder.t1 sprays are due end of wk on wheats and also a herbicide on the spring barley and a fungicide on the rape is also due.no spraying today or tomorrow due to frost risk. Got some  scorch on some wheat from a wild oat herbicide from a few wks ago.we also have started drillin maize to with  2 amazone Dexter 8 row drills going and our jd 9560r on 10m simba cultipress and the claas 85e on the 6 m mashco power Harrow .the mt challenger is on the sumo 5m multi press on  heavy grd. In friont.

any pictures of the above Dave?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...