hawthornfarms grainstores

• 1 month later...

In the past two wks the guys have started muck spreading on grd in glos and ploughing too with are new fastracs .we have got some feet on nearly all are early forage rye on the frosts last wk and have made a start on ferti on the rape in Hampshire and glos too.a case optimism joins the fleet to.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Julian ,combines are up for replacement.and also a Kuhn twin rotor grass rake.

Ten  4 on the ploughs graham

the ploughs are busy.i plan to use it to keep the trailers and lorries busy.my horsch 18 toner chaser bin will unload into it.on the  headland.should ease any bottle necks there.and would stop the chaser bin having to wait sometimes for trailers/lorries.as hold ups on roads are always around.

It could be a claas 780.jack .or a case or a new Holland.not made up my mind yet.have had over the years these combines .

mf 760.new Holland tr85.2 deutz farh 3610.2 claas commander 116cs.2 John Deere 2266e.2new Holland cx 880.1 claas lexion 480.2 John Deere 9880.2 claas lexion 600. 1 new Holland cr 9080.2 John Deere s690i at present.

Thanks Sean.a real farm next to where I work use a old artic grain Lorry trailer with a dolly .to store pig slurry at edge of field.a road tanker supplies it.and a 185hp Massey pulls a twin axle tanker with a shakerator type injector.the driver does about 1500hrs of injecting a year.they have about 12.000 head of pigs.and a million gallon above grd store.thats sort of what I based it on.

On 29/03/2016 at 9:43 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Never seen a old fuel tanker used for slurry before like that, clever use certainly some serious litres sat waiting to be spread  , seen smaller ones used as a sprayer bowser mind 

Lots around my neck off the woods a lot of large pig units here use tankers to get slurry sent out long distances for spreading.