hawthornfarms grainstores

1st cut silage 2016.jd 8360r on triples,on the clamp.jag 980 chopping.jcb 4230 cartin.more clamping.rogator and bowser heading back home.we have cut our early  forage rye ,and then mucked,slurry on grd,ploughed,sim a expressed ,power harrowed,then drilled 400 acres of maize.pre em on maize done fungicide,insecticide done on osr .herb ,fungi on s barley done.t 2 on wheat on going .all of our 3000 acres of maize drilled all done.some very long hours done in the last 6 wks.so this wk end all off.still got some 1st cut silage, in. Bales ,forage wagon and chopping to do.got rained off Saturday.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nice pics, chopped straw is easy enough to make, just cut some sissal rope into fine bits, thats what i use, and its cheap to, 1 m did me enough to use on ash tree, it takes a while and will make your fingers hurt but its worth it, one tip is unwind the strands first, then cut as its a lot easier, 

• Like 1

Thanks Andy,it's a draper style header,USA edition combine from g&m models.approx 45ft wide.

thanks Graham ,hope you are well,do like the claas challenger,it's 16 yrs old and got over 10.000hrs on her.been remapped to put out 410hp.also powers the 6m lemkin power harrow,drill combi in september on grass reseed and wheat after maize latter on.

thanks Sean,will have a go at that.

22 hours ago, dave the farmer said:

Thanks Jack,I used railway model lichen ,spray painted with a med brown paint .i put the lichen on a green fake grass Matt.just need to find a way to make chopped straw coming out the back.

dark brown sawdust, perhaps?

On 30 July 2016 at 11:30 PM, dave the farmer said:

Thanks Andy,it's a draper style header,USA edition combine from g&m models.approx 45ft wide.

thanks Graham ,hope you are well,do like the claas challenger,it's 16 yrs old and got over 10.000hrs on her.been remapped to put out 410hp.also powers the 6m lemkin power harrow,drill combi in september on grass reseed and wheat after maize latter on.

thanks Sean,will have a go at that.

the sissal will take a dye to if your after rape stubble, although i have only ever seen that baled once in all the years 

• Like 1