harvest 2015

weblet375

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear some Essex crops have died through lack of rain, so maybe these early cuts are a result of?

not the winter barley Nigel, here in Essex they look good, even on the lighter land. It's not the same for the spring barley though, this has died on lighter soils. The really hot weather last week pushed harvest forward by at least a week for this area, we will start ours next week, we are currently finishing our second cut silage. Maldon and Clacton area are always first to cut in Essex, it must be the salt breeze off the sea and estuary.

That combine could be one that GOODIESTRACTOR sold as he has sold a few with big headers on for this harvest

Thanks for that Smithy yes it was, sotterly farms and another one this week on the eve of harvest making 8 out of Fram this year for harvest, your on my

to do list Smithy see you soon Goody.

your on my to do list

That sounds awful. ;D . Do like the look of the new A-F 40 series with the new radiator screen. Are tracks now a common place option on such machine much like the Claas Lesbians Goody?

Thanks for that Smithy yes it was, sotterly farms and another one this week on the eve of harvest making 8 out of Fram this year for harvest, your on my

to do list Smithy see you soon Goody.

smithy wouldnt spend that much cash in one go,

That sounds awful. ;D . Do like the look of the new A-F 40 series with the new radiator screen. Are tracks now a common place option on such machine much like the Claas Lesbians Goody?

Hi Niels yes tracks are the way forward Case only want to supply the big 41ft & 45ft headers on track only Combines there is two options

Dampened or Suspended thanks for asking. 

smithy wouldnt spend that much cash in one go,

Sean i guess its going to have to be a model Axial Flow for Smithy then if he wont spend £300,000 on the real thing in one go,

but i'm sure his lovely wife will let him spend £70.00 on the model.

Havent seen any combine action yet...................passed a couple on the road last Friday but too wet since.............................Theres a massive CASE cutter bar sat in West Rayhnams  farm yard just south of Fakenham..................Another Doe power conquest at JDs expense.

Unfortunately on my door step its now mostly JD S690i as three of the biggest local farms now have three each!!   Walderseys, Caleys and the Mormons at Haddenham.............................................and most dissapointingly the huge ex Velcourt  Eaubrink Farms has ousted their three NH9090s  for a pair of 780TTs.....unforgiveable, what with the new record breaking CR10.90 available :

The parked machines could have been the Mormons near Haddenham as I videoed them back in 2009 and they had two STS machines and a one year old 690 (Not a 690i) as theyd had a bad year in 2008 and were being cheapskates ;D

The working trio are probably Walderseys up here around where I live.................they had four of them on the go two years ago in neighbouring fields but I understand they've bought three new tracked machines..............one last year and two this to replace all the old ones.

Caley farms use bigger tractors too haul like JD8Rs :of.........off their fleet of S690is.

I drove through West Rayhnams farm yard for a pre harvest snoop ;D.............lots of machines and workers as well, so no pictures.

A brand new CASE 9240 on tracks (Yippee) was parked up next to an 8 yr old JD 690......................The header looked nearer 40ft than 45 to me.

Some History

They were ALL JD and had been for many many years up until a massive auction in 2011 or 12  I think, where they sold three JD crawlers, 4 JD7810s and lots of older tractors including 4450 and several 3130s......................Im sure someone has more accurate info, but it was quite an auction.

I knew they had bought 3 big Challengers to replace all the JD gear and assumed they would buy smaller JD kit too back them up...................but not so!

A rare Valtra 362 (MF8690 equivalent but nowhere near as sexy) was in the yard tonight  plus a shiny newish MF 7600 ....couldn't see the number, maybe a 7618.

Also a refurbished Ford FW60 was a surprise as well................................this is at least 5000acre Norfolk farm set in lovely countryside that I really haven't checked out closely enough in the past, so as Arnold said............."iLL be back"! >:D

Well, we have finished our 50acres of winter barley on light land which made it come a little earlier, and it did a smidge over 3 ton an acre. Very happy with that. Rape has been sprayed off for 10 days now, so end of next week we will have a nibble.

WHERE IS MR MALCY P AND MR DERWENT.

The parked machines could have been the Mormons near Haddenham as I videoed them back in 2009 and they had two STS machines and a one year old 690 (Not a 690i) as theyd had a bad year in 2008 and were being cheapskates ;D

The working trio are probably Walderseys up here around where I live.................they had four of them on the go two years ago in neighbouring fields but I understand they've bought three new tracked machines..............one last year and two this to replace all the old ones.

Caley farms use bigger tractors too haul like JD8Rs :of.........off their fleet of S690is.

Thank you Phil. The stopped line up was indeed two STS and a 690 at closer glance.

Archived