harvest 2015

weblet375

Few more pea harvesting photos while we await some combine action in these parts . These boys work 24 hours / 7 days aweek till all the vining is done   in Yorkshire & Lincs , they work in a group  off  3 harvesters   usally & come  with a surport team & a small fleet of trucks , all peas are sent to Birds Eye factory at Hull .

post-2537-0-48073400-1437426121_thumb.jp

post-2537-0-67109500-1437426290_thumb.jp

post-2537-0-88037800-1437426360_thumb.jp

post-2537-0-52575100-1437426428_thumb.jp

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the 1089 just a 989 follow up with a new Tier engine or are there more differences. Is it physically bigger? Nice pictures Tractorboy. Is there seriously a warning sign sitting in the field for friendly spectators?

Meanwhile the first wheat has been cut round here. By the SPFH mind you. The Jaguar 860 was going through hell as it was a very thick crop and it wasn't in the best of health. 2x new Blue Power T7.220 and a JD 6830 carting. Keep an eye on my Facebook page btw if your interested in daily updates: https://www.facebook.com/Agrifoto. Will continue to be active on here as well of course.

Take notice at the proper Dutch way of opening a field. 8) Silage trailer follows the forager tipped up driving backwards. Takes a bit of skills and a good eye not to smash into the Claas' arse! With the Schuitemakers it doesn't work of course. They get it to do the easy way.

post-755-0-68698500-1437467235_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-39007300-1437467236_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-71847800-1437467236_thumb.jpg

Take notice at the proper Dutch way of opening a field.  8) Silage trailer follows the forager tipped up driving backwards. Takes a bit of skills and a good eye not to smash into the Claas' arse! With the Schuitemakers it doesn't work of course. They get it to do the easy way.,why do it that way Niels?

Evening all!

Loving the harvest photos so far on here. Harvest in east Suffolk started for us on Friday - Suzy was buzy on a works night out so me and the kids took a spin around and saw a Lexion 760TT and the lovely old Dommy 204 that works around Theberton way.... Day 1.

Day 2 (Saturday) saw us heading out to Heveningham to catch up with Hillfairs pair of Lexions, and my friend Steve and his professional drone kit. After a few hours we headed home via the fish and chip shop and the Lex 760 from Day 1.

Day 3 was all about a Lexion 580+ near Sweffling in Suffolk. The pole came out for the first time too! :)

Day 4 was a Monday, which means work - boo! Still, a new style Lexion 760 was working near Leiston in a very weedy field of barley. Spotted the 580+ on the way home, but it was inaccessible due to a ditch full of nettles so only a few long range efforts made the cut.

Finally, today was day 5. A tale of two 760 - older and newer styles... newer in barley, older in OSR. Pole action, a nice sunset, you know the score! ;)

It's late now, and it's a school night so nighty-night all.

/malc.

P.S. I have next week off work, so will be looking to venture out and about in Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex if anyone is up for a visit...? :)

Take notice at the proper Dutch way of opening a field.  8) Silage trailer follows the forager tipped up driving backwards. Takes a bit of skills and a good eye not to smash into the Claas' arse! With the Schuitemakers it doesn't work of course. They get it to do the easy way.,why do it that way Niels?

Less spilage as more ends up in the trailer. I guess with todays foragers not so much of an issue as they can blow the material quite far but often a lot is blown away as well. We have flat fields of course so trailers won't tip over when you drive in reverse tipped up.

Oh, let me know if the links work - FB tells me that even people without an account can see the photos.... ???

/m.

Nice to see you back in action for this season Malc! Lovely pictures again as usual. Don't forget there's other shades of green, yellow and red as well. ;)

Nice to see you back in action for this season Malc! Lovely pictures again as usual. Don't forget there's other shades of green, yellow and red as well. ;)

Apart from the Claas kit, we have only seen one JD (T670i I think) and one NH combine - both were in barley. Hoping to catch more kit over the coming days, we'll see what presents itself! :)

Come to west Norfolk if you want JD combines Malcy,  theres loads of the feckers ;D................already seen way too many 690s for my liking, not nearly enough red or yellow machines!   I can already tell, that now John Deere have an established tracked combine that can handle 3000 acres on its own, in UK weather conditions, Claas will see a steady decline in their  market share of bigger Lexions!!  

5 years ago Claas  could out perform anything from JD..............and the old 690, STS was an USA machine not the best in the UKs climate......................Well thats all changed now!   The new combines are now built in Europe for European farmers.

The other big reason for this see change is the back up, which was the Claas sales clincher over the rest along with them having the best machines..........................apparently Claas back up in east anglia has dropped a notch and JD have ramped their combine back up considerably over the last few years, and its showing in the number of new JDs around here................ where there used to be a Claas now theres a JD and especially on farms who run JD tractors!

I was told about 5 yrs ago that Claas had nearly 50% of the UK combine market, with JD and NH next with 20% apiece.......................I can guarantee that 30% gap between the two green machines has now shrunk considerably.............................and I expect the same thing will happen in the SPFH market as well.

Evening!

Not good weather this evening - very cloudy but dry, and with rain forecast for the next few days the combines were rolling. Tonight we drove up to Lowestoft and back, and located 6 working combines. Firstly the 770 from yesterday (didn't stop) then the 770 and 580+ from day one (didn't stop) but then we spotted a 580+ in OSR that we'd not seen before. Then off up the A12 before finding a Tucano 480 near Gisleham, and finally a little Lexion 740 munching barley near Henstead church.

A few photos... :)

/m.

This is me combining today 

Is that a very early TX with a yellow header reel Smithy or did the header come off a TF?

Malc, is that Lexion 740 cutting spring barley or winter?

Malc, is that Lexion 740 cutting spring barley or winter?

Very dry, dusty winter barley - the dust just hung in the air with no real wind to blow it away, so the photos are a bit grainy :(

/m.

Evening all!

Heavy rain in Suffolk this afternoon and evening, so I have uploaded the photos from the last seven days of harvest action to malcp.com.

There are a few more photos in each set than there are in the FB albums, but not too many more! ;)

So no harvest action for a day or so, but the garden needed the rain and the water butts will be recharged! :)

In an earlier post, Goody said their was a new CASE 9240 with 41ft working at Sotterley , near beccles  I guess.................Go after it Malcy ;D

And a  45ft header is on another big CASE near to Fakenham, which could be West Rayhnams although I thought it looked more like 41ft at a glance at it in their farm yard.

Hi Niels.

Yes the signs real & even I could nt get in the field >:(  & that's a 1st for me ha ha! , they run the set up same as if in a  factory  on H&S , I still found my way in to the field next store ,

The 1089 is on Claas tracs and is  a

newer model , it did look as it was moving faster , not sure on engine but theres a web site on the harvesters if youre interested .

Archived