Great Dorset Steam Fair 2015

Stabliofarmer

Finally a flavor of what makes Dorset different to any other show I know. It really comes to life at night and in particularly Saturday night with the Whistles at midnight

IMG_20150904_213144_zpskpivxdqp.jpg

IMG_20150904_212307_zpsxxbm62uk.jpg

IMG_20150906_001254_zpsgerajgvn.jpg

IMG_20150906_001019_zpskpccifi9.jpg

IMG_20150906_002919_zpscqbenbcm.jpg

IMG_20150905_234556_zpsa4fj1csg.jpg

That's all from what was a fantastic GDSF 2015 particularly after the muddy disaster of last year. A big thank you to Mr Oliver and his team for organizing such a great event. If you've never been I'd definitely start planning a visit as it doesn't matter what your interest is there'll be something there for you. Can't wait till next year!

Some fantastic photos here! I got to the Fair for the first time this year, after many years of trying to make the time and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I went with a mate who is into wood/logs/saws, so we watched a lot of steam sawing, which was fine by me. We only had one day there, so missed a lot of things we really wanted to see - the WW1 field for a start! Never mind, more days next year - it's only a short drive from Tiverton!

Thanks for pictures James really must get there one year the Muir-Hill in the first lot of pictures made me smile as I used to drive one like that many years ago, also the Fair Ground models I like the one off the big wheel which looked like it was  made with K-NEX plastic building material as I have the same one   Thanks again Smithy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived