science museum

weblet375

• 2 weeks later...

last ones that I had time to take as museum was closing for the night there is some more old machinery like wooden ploughs pulled by oxen etc on display at the moment , scale? I would say most is 1-16 but get along now because I was told its planed to put it all into storage never to be seen again   

20151202_170046.jpg

20151202_170100.jpg

20151202_172135.jpg

20151202_172156.jpg

20151202_172229.jpg

20151202_173123.jpg

On 3 December 2015 at 13:24:00, smithy said:

my pictures don't do it justice you have to get there to see it your self  like you said its exceptional 

Agree it is amazing to see in person

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agree it is amazing to see in person

Thanks Pete I was talking to a man from the museum about the displays and he said by the middle of next year it is planed to replace this section with a bigger area on Medicine and Mathematics and all of the models would be put in storage and the scenes would be dumped as to big to store    

15 hours ago, Pete said:

That's a great shame... Someone must be able to request these and display them elsewhere 

They said that if some other museum/other party come forward and could prove that they could finance it for years to come and had the suitable premises that the request  would be looked at as there own storage area is getting full and also needs a lot of money spent on it to remain weather proof       

• 3 weeks later...

It seems a shame to effectively scrap the scenes. I'm sure heritage museums around the country would kindly take some of them, however with the way things are I suspect somebody will be needing a payment to get rid of them even though it sounds like they are going to be dumped/recycled.

To be fair the real stuff (if not last of line or the only one left) could be sold to raise funds since the are effectively assets (if owned by the Museum) which would then keep other things going thus doing some good.

Model Scenes are only really of value to someone who wants one if you know what I mean.

• 2 years later...

Archived