Annandale model show 2016

mr softie

We be there Brian ;) First show of the year for us and after Penrith's mis-fortune really looking forward to it too 8)  Had David Steele on phone and last years first time didn't put him off so he's planning a display for this year and I think mum might be planning a bit of something special too ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:38 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

We be there Brian ;) First show of the year for us and after Penrith's mis-fortune really looking forward to it too 8)  Had David Steele on phone and last years first time didn't put him off so he's planning a display for this year and I think mum might be planning a bit of something special too ;)

looking forward too the catch up Paul

Was looking back through some old Model Tractor mags and came across a show report by Kenny from the 2nd Annandale Show in 2008 way back when the show was held in the Masonic Hall at Lockerbie, but after a quick count up it turns out that this years show will be the 10th show, and it has to be said in all those years of attending, Kenny and Shirley still have the same family friendly atmosphere to make this show what it is :) 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:42 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Yep it be grand to have a catch up with you Brian :)  though me mum might have a little job for you........;)

anything to help Paul except the nappy , oh and you are correct in all the years ive been down to Gretna think its 5 years Kenny and Shirley have always had a great friendly family atmosphere at the show

8 hours ago, mr softie said:

anything to help Paul except the nappy , oh and you are correct in all the years ive been down to Gretna think its 5 years Kenny and Shirley have always had a great friendly family atmosphere at the show

Ohh no fear of that Brian, mum wouldn't be that cruel...... or would she?? :laugh: Nah no need to worry bud, but it might involve a little bit of cake though........ ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This time next week we should be all set up and raring to go. Looking forward to a good chat with our Northern friends. Hope all goes well for all the hard work Kenny, Shirley and the rest of the team have put in. As said before, the friendliest show around.

On with the first cup of caffine for the day ;) just a couple of bits to load in, a spot of breakfast oh and dog to give a quick walk before we set off but looking forward to a good catch up later on, and fingers crossed it's a good turn out to raise a bit of money for a great charity 8)

Wishing you a safe and hassle free journey there and back Paul. I'm sure it will be a cracking show again and I hope there are some folk going about taking photographs to share on here.

All home safe and sound. Excellent show as usual. A bit of everything for everybody. Great family atmosphere again, and a nice amount of money  raised for a good cause. Well done to Kenny, Shirley and the rest of the team.

Was great to catch up with so many folk, and at last count Kenny and Shirley and the rest of the Beeton team made a respectable £922.34 toward Alzhiemers Scotland. The friendliest and most laid back show by far, Even had a Minion drop in for an hour :laugh: Thanks to Brian and Carol for their help with my mum and the cake... the seed already been planted for a further cake "challenge"

Sorry I couldn't get any pics, camera had been on and hadn't realised so by time I got to it the battery was flat.

Cheers Bill and Justin, least I could do after I'd heard George had shot a bit of footage, though feel like a reet idiot for not getting pics. I'd checked the camera before we left home sunday morning with the intention of getting pics to post up of the 10th show but in the midst of getting the last few bits and bobs loaded I must have forgot to turn the thing off....

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Bill and Justin, least I could do after I'd heard George had shot a bit of footage, though feel like a reet idiot for not getting pics. I'd checked the camera before we left home sunday morning with the intention of getting pics to post up of the 10th show but in the midst of getting the last few bits and bobs loaded I must have forgot to turn the thing off....

That's a shame Paul but I think we will all have done that before. Good videos though, thanks for posting the link. 

Archived