I suppose its more of a thing with 1/50th to have something representing the scale of a model as you could have a machine like a skid steer mistaken for a smaller scale without a figure to represent the scale and the same going larger when youve got those huge draglines the height of a real person where it is hard to judge the scale atall without something general like a figure in the picture/cab.

With 1/32 machinery is similar in size so that reasoning isnt as appropriate instead the main argument for figures is just to add to the realism.

If they got more realistic then fine, the Siku ones always look deformed, and britains hasn't done one for ages, but the last ones they did looked passable,  love Mandy's o Es, got a couple I need to paint, wish she will hurry up and do a guy getting into the tractor one mind 

6 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

If they got more realistic then fine, the Siku ones always look deformed, and britains hasn't done one for ages, but the last ones they did looked passable,  love Mandy's o Es, got a couple I need to paint, wish she will hurry up and do a guy getting into the tractor one mind 

With you on that one Sean,the Siku figures look way too big,'specially if you compare them to Mandy's ones,I much prefer the 1/32nd scale Scalextric / Carrera ones,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARRERA-SET-OF-15-SPECTATORS-21107-1-32-SLOT-NEW-BOXED-/301773347347?hash=item464317da13:g:FTYAAOSwl9BWJj9R

Regards

Joe.

i have to have a driver in the cab or a figure beside the tractor,its a big bugbear of mine,i hate it when you get these superbly detailed dio's and no driver in the cab,it just adds realism,Joe, the siku drivers purely depend on what model they go in,sometimes they are fine,sometimes to big,when they are to big i just cut the torso down so they look better

7 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i have to have a driver in the cab or a figure beside the tractor,its a big bugbear of mine,i hate it when you get these superbly detailed dio's and no driver in the cab,it just adds realism,Joe, the siku drivers purely depend on what model they go in,sometimes they are fine,sometimes to big,when they are to big i just cut the torso down so they look better

A must have for a diorma . But if your displaying from a cabinet ..I dont think a driver is a must.. I have a few  vintage Britains  tractors that are missing their drivers..so must must get that sorted considering they came with driver figures first day.. It dont bother me with the likes of modern Britains ,UH etc ...

Archived