whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would indeed. I guess they had the perks in over here for ease of maintenance  and spares availability. When I get a few mins spare I'll have to see what they were fitted with for their home market. 

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

keep your eyes on german ebay mate, have seen the red/orange dinish one appearing from time to time from the same seller for arround 45 euros . 

Will have to keep my eye out for that. Wasn't aware they'd released them in anything other than blue at the moment

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

Thanks Paul,  the older stuff means something to me and the modern stuff don't. The most modern tractor I've drove is a John Deere 6900!!

im having a bit of a thin out Mark,i must admit,now concentrating on what i have drove,trouble is i have drove from a young age and i still drive,so i have quite a scope,allthough i wont get rid of my 12 ford tractors

27 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Noticed some of your conversion on Ebay  of late.  Gone of the days when a new model came out I had to have it so cutting back on what I buy, not used ebay for a month or so as can find better bargains by looking on the web.

point me in the direction of a britains massey 7480 then Mark,i cant find one anywhere

43 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

its a lovley model martin, i have the open platform one ,but the cabbed ones on the future list maybe zwolle if theres one for the right price

A month or so ago Sean our local manns dealer still had a couple on the shelf. Havnt been in since.

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

its a lovley model martin, i have the open platform one ,but the cabbed ones on the future list maybe zwolle if theres one for the right price

It is yes, they are much cheaper now, part of the reason I held off the replicagri one, if they are going to do half a dozen different variations of the same casting then a time will come when they have a decent discount. And as I have no connection to one particular model I'm not desperate to have one. Unless someone releases a classic NH combine, then the claas will be given the boot. 

4 hours ago, Blue man said:

This absolute bargain along with 

A Claas Jaguar 900 to go with it

UH Taarup Single Chop

Siku O&K Loading Shovel I have plans for

UH Valtra T190 Red 

Screenshot_2017-07-19-18-16-48.png

That's a real bargain for the pick-up reel John..... Well done on finding it 

11 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

That's a real bargain for the pick-up reel John..... Well done on finding it 

Yeah quite lucky too as I'm on harvest in the states so it came with free shipping, absolutely delighted

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, MadMark said:

Thanks Paul,  the older stuff means something to me and the modern stuff don't. The most modern tractor I've drove is a John Deere 6900!!

I know what you mean Mark,  I do like some of the new kit and enjoy sprucing up some of the new replica models, but for sheer charisma its Ford, JD and Massey from the 80s and early 90s, and you can keep most of the rest ha ha!. 

I only got to drive what my friends on three local farms had,  which were  Ford 7610 & 7810, MF 3125 ,699, 2725e, 2680 and an old MF200 (Awful tractor)  

JD3650 & 3140 and a quick roar up the field in a 4450.................................Oh yes and also a spin around Langars airfield in new at the time 7930, 7830 and 7530 Deeres.

The JD3650 was the nicest one to drive as I recall,  but I was mad on MFs and Fords back in the mid 80s.

I recently bought a JD4755 and 7810 for around £60 each and a 7430 for £52 which I ebayed immediately and got £116:P, that took the two schucos down to £30 apiece:)

They were all quite difficult to find and all three were the last ones on the dealers stock list.

Got a cheap Wiking Valtra for £35 on the way.   This caught my eye after one of the local farmers had bought two more of the real ones,  so a few about here now.  All dark green and the latest one has grey wheels instead of white which actually look rather good.

Archived