Siku 2017

ford man

• robbo pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AJH said:

It looks like a total of 6 1/32 Farmer items for 2017, and that's including the 3661 (Front loader accessories) from last year. For sure is a 1/32 Manitou!

When will the list be released??

I've always had a soft spot for Siku stuff....and was hoping the Manitou would be half decent but unfortunately I'm not bowled over by the piccy on Atte's Facebook page...though it could look different in the flesh I suppose...

Theres a photo of the Manitou on the Model Farmer Facebook page and it doesnt look too bad...the official photo perhaps not so flattering...would be interested to see some more views of it, bound to have some potential (and lower price tag than the UH example!)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

snipped this from Sikus website - not sure what the black 'protusion' is?

(The RC Liebherr looks like a lot of (expensive) fun

siku mlt.JPG

I bet that black protrusion will be steering linkage, if you push it through to the other side it'll steer the wheels the other lock Joe ;), after all it being a heavy diecast toy the cab wont be removable to get little... or bigger fingers in the cab to steer it, for dio purposes though i reckon you could nip them off and touch it in with a bit of black paint. 

I had a feeling it was to do with steering; thinking now I might get the UH one though Siku might be worth a look when it appears if steering can be removed and the hubs may need a spot of black paint.  Wouldn't mind seeing a few more photos of it 

• 5 months later...

A couple of EU ebay sellers have the Manitou available now.

It doesn't look too bad, but isn't highly detailed - no front or rear lights.  As always would be ripe for some detailing - something I wouldn't have felt so comfortable doing with the more expensive UH model.  Hopefully some extra attachments may be on the cards too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=siku+3067&_sacat=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Fastrac is on the site now so cant be very far away.  Whilst always having had a soft spot for Siku this model looks rather poor to me.  Theyve done some decent tractors over the past few years in fairness but this one doesnt appear to be up to the same standard.  The wheels look like the sort youd get on their models 10-15 years ago albeit without the Siku name on them.

I looked forward to the Manitou but felt disappointed by that too; lacking a few little details you would have expected (mirrors and lights for example).  You couldn't compare it to the UH model for detail but when you think that the little Claas Targo they did had mirrors on...or perhaps a more detailed example in the offing as a show model? Hmm maybe not.  There was a lot less metal in it for a Siku as well.  Hopefully the Fastrac doesnt have as much plastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived