Siku 2017

ford man

It's not their best effort but by the same token as a functional, borderline indestructable childs toy it's not that bad either. I remember not all that many years ago buying a Siku John Deere 6920 thinking at the time it was the best model tractor i'd ever seen prior to the likes of UH etc coming along. It just goes to show how things have moved on in the intervening years, and how spoilt for choice  we are as collectors nowadays.

5 hours ago, walterderwent said:

It's not their best effort but by the same token as a functional, borderline indestructable childs toy it's not that bad either. I remember not all that many years ago buying a Siku John Deere 6920 thinking at the time it was the best model tractor i'd ever seen prior to the likes of UH etc coming along. It just goes to show how things have moved on in the intervening years, and how spoilt for choice  we are as collectors nowadays.

I agree completely David, it was the 6920 that got me back into collecting models, as you say, Siku are still very much play-orientated and are probably built to take abuse better than anything else out there.

They are hit and miss though at Siku................I'm doing a convo right now on the JD8360R  and its looking good.    The basics of the model, bonnet, cab , wheels and tyres are decent it just needed added detailing which I'm now doing.

As for the JCB that picture maybe a prototype and some parts of it maybe better than the picture shows.    If its got a shiny yellow metal bonnet and roof I might try and merge it with a Britains version.......................use the best parts of both to make something half decent.:D

3 hours ago, bluegreen said:

It would benefit from some Britains wheels and tyres :D

I have seen these Fastrac 4000s with different size wheels as well,   I should have taken a picture.

Just wish one of the top model makers would do a version, the 4220 is defo a future classic.

Well Phil,Ros seem to have made a really good job of the JCB skid steer hopefully a Fastrac will follow,;)

Regards

Joe.

Ros JCB Teleskid 2.jpg

Ros JCB Teleskid 3.jpg

Ros JCB Teleskid 4.jpg

10 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Well Phil,Ros seem to have made a really good job of the JCB skid steer hopefully a Fastrac will follow,;)

Regards

Joe.

Ros JCB Teleskid 2.jpg

Ros JCB Teleskid 3.jpg

Ros JCB Teleskid 4.jpg

Great model - would love to see it with wheels (even though have just bought a CAT skid steer!)

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:04 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

I bet that black protrusion will be steering linkage, if you push it through to the other side it'll steer the wheels the other lock Joe ;), after all it being a heavy diecast toy the cab wont be removable to get little... or bigger fingers in the cab to steer it, for dio purposes though i reckon you could nip them off and touch it in with a bit of black paint. 

I just brought this model and black bits operate the steering, I really like it as a working model to pose :)

I had Brought a Britains JCB 550-80 but once I removed it from box found most of it was plastic, and the jib would not hold up until half raised, and the lack of steering was the final nail in coffin :( so one vertally new JCB is now for sale

• robbo unpinned this topic

Archived