Scania R730 T Cab

Stabliofarmer

This is one that I built over Christmas. Uses the new Welly Scania, Resin Bonnet and scratchbuilt side skirts. Built up in a way that it could be assembled as a kit and sold ready tothen paint. Will get one for my own fleet built when I find the time. Build photos first

IMG_20161231_201601.jpgIMG_20170101_195534.jpgIMG_20161231_210509.jpg

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nicely done James 8) like that alot. We were talking down at the show yesterday when we came across those old ERF's and hope one day you'll tackle one ;)

Cheers Paul, theres the E series cab I made a while ago but it never was correctly proportioned. I think a B series cab might have to be done at somepoint, theres a few uses id have for one.

59 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

very nice indeed, not often seen however i went past 3 in convoy on thursday all with bulk tippers on, very nice red/blue colour scheme, l j sirpells or similar on the name boards 

Thanks Sean. They're getting old now, the newest other than conversions are 12 year old now so not surprising theres fewer about. Cant say I know of those particular trucks though 

32 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Nice job James, there's a nice T cab running around here at the moment hauling sugar beet (picture off the web)

29758106816_81d7bb5974_b.jpg

Cheers Mark, appreciated. That one is abit of an opinion divider. Many see it as a bad cut and shut, its been converted from a low cab but not using a normal scania roof pod so looks alittle odd

3 minutes ago, Jdeere6910 said:

Top work as always James. The wheels looks spot on, do you make them to sell on their own?

Thanks Pat. I do intend on making the wheels to sell. Its just finidng the time, hopefully easter or then summer when I'm home

3 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Thanks Pat. I do intend on making the wheels to sell. Its just finidng the time, hopefully easter or then summer when I'm home

They should be popular, with the amount of Welly Scania's appearing on facebook at the moment. You freshers have loads of time on your hands!

Thats a fair old beast Sean, make a nice challenging model.

Thanks John

Not sure what colour it will go Graham, thats up to whoever bought it, if they send finished pictures I will post them up here

Its either nothing to do or spending all weekend in the EDC Pat. Not sure the cleaner would be too happy if I started resin casting in my room either!

On 29 January 2017 at 9:33 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Thats a fair old beast Sean, make a nice challenging model.

Thanks John

Not sure what colour it will go Graham, thats up to whoever bought it, if they send finished pictures I will post them up here

Its either nothing to do or spending all weekend in the EDC Pat. Not sure the cleaner would be too happy if I started resin casting in my room either!

I'm sure the cleaners have seen a lot worse things than casting resin! 

On 09/02/2017 at 8:10 PM, Tractorman810 said:

found out who it was i saw the other night now after seeing two more  of them again today , do look even better in the flesh , loads of leds up front

IMG_0608.JPG

Ah yes, I know of Surphis, they have a matching new build Vlastuin T cab

On 09/02/2017 at 8:10 PM, Tractorman810 said:

found out who it was i saw the other night now after seeing two more  of them again today , do look even better in the flesh , loads of leds up front

IMG_0608.JPG

Good Northern Irish unit there ;)8)

Archived