What really annoyed you today

A bloody great big blue bottle fly that won't go anywhere near any open window upstairs!!  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Suprisingly it's not you this time ::)

:o I was going to say Phew that's a relief... but for those final two words  :'( :'(

Tris... use a rubber band.... it's great fun.. .wait until they sit still and WACK.. let them have it... Back in the late 80's I worked for a big company in Cambridge as an operations manager (take a seat... this story may take some time) (you will let me know if I am boring you all won't you)... anyway... I was given my "own office" ... which given my "new status" within the company was the poxyest one they had.... turns out that just under my window were the large wheelie bins used by the warehouse for all sorts of food waste (it as a cheese company).. anyway... in the summer it got so hot in my little office that I just HAD to have the window open... EVERY bloody blue bottle and flying creepy thing would hang around the bins.. and eventually end up in my office... so..... I got the girl who ordered the stationary to order me a bumper sized box of rubber bands.... I worked out that when they sat still you could hit them and splat them into many pieces... being the quick thinking fella I was (back then... the old mind has gone now)... I decided to get the afore mentioned secretary to order me a HOOOOOOOGE shiny wipe on wipe off graph that covered the whole of one wall in my office... with a dry wipe pen each day I would keep a graph of how many files I had zapped with my magic bands.... anyway,.... the MD was a REAL ***** (Hope he doesn;t read this... I still see him occasionally and I'm always polite to him  :-[)... he come in my office one day... and catches me on the hop... the conversion goes like this..

Morning Mark

Morning Peter

Tell me... what's this graph I see on the wall then - I've been looking at it recently... I see it's shot up recently

Ah... er... well... it't my ..... er..... (then it come to me)... it's my pounds sales v miles distance ratio graph Peter... it's a study I;m doing into the ongoing viability of cretain aspects of our vansales distribution fleet v our telesales operations... (totally made it up on the spot - impressive or what  :o)

From that day onwards... he would come in and say good morning Mark... I see the graph is looking good still...

"Oh yes Peter"

"tell me something Mark... is it good when it's going high or is it bad  ??? ??? "

"Oh it's good Peter... but very very complex to explain I am afraid to say - you'll just have to trust me on this one "  ;D

As soon as the cold weather came I would wipe it all off and pin up some posters of cheese  ;D ;D ;D

Hey... you lot... you still awake  ??? ??? ???

Where is everybody  ???

:o I was going to say Phew that's a relief... but for those final two words  :'( :'(

Tris... use a rubber band.... it's great fun.. .wait until they sit still and WACK.. let them have it... Back in the late 80's I worked for a big company in Cambridge as an operations manager (take a seat... this story may take some time) (you will let me know if I am boring you all won't you)... anyway... I was given my "own office" ... which given my "new status" within the company was the poxyest one they had.... turns out that just under my window were the large wheelie bins used by the warehouse for all sorts of food waste (it as a cheese company).. anyway... in the summer it got so hot in my little office that I just HAD to have the window open... EVERY bloody blue bottle and flying creepy thing would hang around the bins.. and eventually end up in my office... so..... I got the girl who ordered the stationary to order me a bumper sized box of rubber bands.... I worked out that when they sat still you could hit them and splat them into many pieces... being the quick thinking fella I was (back then... the old mind has gone now)... I decided to get the afore mentioned secretary to order me a HOOOOOOOGE shiny wipe on wipe off graph that covered the whole of one wall in my office... with a dry wipe pen each day I would keep a graph of how many files I had zapped with my magic bands.... anyway,.... the MD was a REAL ***** (Hope he doesn;t read this... I still see him occasionally and I'm always polite to him  :-[)... he come in my office one day... and catches me on the hop... the conversion goes like this..

Morning Mark

Morning Peter

Tell me... what's this graph I see on the wall then - I've been looking at it recently... I see it's shot up recently

Ah... er... well... it't my ..... er..... (then it come to me)... it's my pounds sales v miles distance ratio graph Peter... it's a study I;m doing into the ongoing viability of cretain aspects of our vansales distribution fleet v our telesales operations... (totally made it up on the spot - impressive or what  :o)

From that day onwards... he would come in and say good morning Mark... I see the graph is looking good still...

"Oh yes Peter"

"tell me something Mark... is it good when it's going high or is it bad  ??? ??? "

"Oh it's good Peter... but very very complex to explain I am afraid to say - you'll just have to trust me on this one "  ;D

As soon as the cold weather came I would wipe it all off and pin up some posters of cheese  ;D ;D ;D

Hey... you lot... you still awake ??? ??? ???

Where is everybody  ???

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :D :D :D