What really annoyed you today

stuck on another all day training event, no point to it, being told how to climb poles again, not like i aint been doing it for 23 years now is it, along with how to open boxes, and belive it or not, how to joint cables, yet another wasted day, and they say we need to be out working hard

stuck on another all day training event, no point to it, being told how to climb poles again, not like i aint been doing it for 23 years now is it, along with how to open boxes, and belive it or not, how to joint cables, yet another wasted day, and they say we need to be out working hard

I know exactly what you are saying Sean training is necessary but if you have done a job for years then there is no point in teaching a duck how to suck eggs.

My company has a tool called role Based Competencies. Here you have to do things to prove you can do your job. It is the biggest pile of cack out and my opinion is that if you are not competent at your job you some be run off. it just another of the tick the box exercised that we have to do with a large States run company.

our training part is now usa owned so it makes sence, apparentlywe have to watch a driving video this afternoon, and be taken out on a drive to be assesed on our road skills, not had a single accident in my vans over the last 21 years since i had my own, what should that tell them, this test also includes being shown how to fill the van with deisel correctly??????

and to top it off i have another 2 days of these schedualed in the next 4 months, which i have to do, so my boss dosnt get hasseled ,total waste of time

our training part is now usa owned so it makes sence, apparentlywe have to watch a driving video this afternoon, and be taken out on a drive to be assesed on our road skills, not had a single accident in my vans over the last 21 years since i had my own, what should that tell them, this test also includes being shown how to fill the van with deisel correctly? ??? ??

and to top it off i have another 2 days of these schedualed in the next 4 months, which i have to do, so my boss dosnt get hasseled ,total waste of time

i can see why your annoyed  but hey its there time and money thet are wasting.  go with the flow at least you aint out in the bad weather. whilst your doing that your not doing something else the laughs on them. easy times happy days,by the way ask them how many accidents they have had? take the piss tongue in cheek .

well its plain silly aint it john, i have just been told that for 23 years i have been driving, and filling my car / vans up, even tractors, i am doing it wrong, its up till it clicks then thats it??? despite the fact i can get another x amout (gallon or so in the vans case or 45 miles) in past that its a "critical defect" on his tick sheet to do it my way, so i nearly failed?????????

never run out of fuel yet unlike some people on the job, hell i have had a boring day

Same here Sean, you might have seen it in the papers recently. I got told that I needed to go on a course to ride a push bike, my reply was unprintable. 28 years in the job, most of which was as an advanced driver and now some numpty, who used to be a traffic warden is going to teach me how to ride a bike >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( I don't think so >:( >:(

I heard about that on the local radio Mike, haven't they also printed a 90+ page instruction book for it as well? Sounds yet another ridiculous waste of tax payers money to me that would be better spent putting more officers on the street

I haven't seen that 90 odd page booklet, I never got that far. This isn't just the Police, it permeates our society these days, possibly brought on by the compensation culture, if you haven't had the course then you can make a claim if it goes wrong :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

As for going off sick, I haven't had a day off sick since 2001 and that was a hangover ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I always seem to get sick on my days off  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

spending less time on here as it is :( , now under bloody redundancy again >:( thats even less time!!!.....oh and to make it even worse, i got turned down by Tesco last night! :D :D :D :D ....that was the icing on the cake! ;D ;D ;D , i applied after hearing of redundacies even though no one knew who it was, so i thought i'd try and that way i may have an income!....i must have been over qualified to stack shelves?? :-\ :-\

oh well i have other ideas!!  ;) ;) ;):police:

spending less time on here as it is :( , now under bloody redundancy again >:( thats even less time!!!.....oh and to make it even worse, i got turned down by Tesco last night! :D :D :D :D ....that was the icing on the cake! ;D ;D ;D , i applied after hearing of redundacies even though no one knew who it was, so i thought i'd try and that way i may have an income!....i must have been over qualified to stack shelves?? :-\ :-\

Ben, I am trying to reply to your pm but you have blocked me :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

i know how you feel ben i am sitting at home at the mo due to no work and its realy starting to get to me :'(