Ford 7A1 and 7A2 Series

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mf135 said:

Back wheels look very much MF 65? 

At first they seemed to look like 4000 style 36s with some sort of wheel weight . Or look back in the thread and note the wheels on the Fieco cab 4600 even.. But they seem a little smaller. The tractor has no tombstone up front , so its under the size of a 4600. Ether 2600,3600 or 4100. Unless its a North American import which have all sorts of combinations in both agri & industrial  forms.

Personally I think that this tractor is a bitsa the decals look as if they are off a later 10 series tractor (4110) not the same age, the rears I think are still MF 65 / early 165, the aircleaner is a dry type not oil bath, and the owner wanted to paint the whole thing in his own livery. The US tractors exported from here in this colours were the ford 5000 or our NP fordson super major. This is only my thought on this.

Guest tedroosevelt21

as an ex ford mechanic  ford never fitted these wheels to their tractors  those are split disc wheels as supplied and fitted to massey ferguson 65 and mk1 and mk2 165 tractors. the mudguards also have the shape of those from a massey ferguson  and not of those used by ford. ford never used this livery  for  this era  as martyr as stated above. the only rarity value is its a bits.

Guest tedroosevelt21

the tractor may have started life as a sugar beet harvester skid unit and built back up as a low cost tractor , not too a purists tastes but a fine working little tractor

Archived