Ford 7A1 and 7A2 Series

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 7A Series are the Fords I love the most . Thanks again David for putting this tread together.  Great pics as always. I don't want to spoil it .. but I have a few pics also if you would like me to add them in . Your call David. Cheers .;)

Just now, justy 46 said:

The 7A Series are the Fords I love the most . Thanks again David for putting this tread together.  Great pics as always. I don't want to spoil it .. but I have a few pics also if you would like me to add them in . Your call David. Cheers .;)

Thanks ever so much Justin. You're very welcome. By all means add your photos into this thread. :)

19 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Thanks David . That's all I have mate . ;)

Great to see them mate. Any others I find on my travels I'll post up. Might be a few more to go up from last year......still got several thousand photos to sort through from last year. :D

Thanks for all the comments guys. Were the Lambourne cab was popular on the smaller 7A Fords in the UK.. it seemed we in Ireland had the Fritzmeier cab instead on the 600  Series Fords  . Back in the early 80's when these Fords were in there prime , the 87 & 9700s were quiet rare and probably regarded as  too big on most Irish farms. The 7700 ,8100 & 8200 were the big boys if anything.  6700 never really sold at all over here when a more powerful 7600 could be sought for the same money.  The biggest sellers in the range were without a dought the 4600 & 6600 which a lot were sold in Fritz cab form instead of the more expensive Q cab.   Again the rare 5600 was overlooked in favour of the 6600 ,  Our silage contractor had a beauty of a 7700 on a Taarup double chop 7 he used a Fritz cabbed 6600 & Fieco cabbed 5000 for carting ,while our own Fritz cabbed 4600 fell in to cart on the longer draws to the clamp . Very fond mems of those days with them classic Fords hard at work all threw the summer months of the mid 80's ..^-^

• 4 weeks later...

Archived