Big fords at work in Wiltshire

SHAWN

Great photos, I believe that David (Walter Derwent) and his partner were there today, hopefull he will add a few of his to this thread. I understand there were 143 Ford tractors on the go which would have been quite a sight

1 minute ago, robbo said:

Great photos, I believe that David (Walter Derwent) and his partner were there today, hopefull he will add a few of his to this thread. I understand there were 143 Ford tractors on the go which would have been quite a sight

It was a great day out, even more so if you like blue tractors, never seen so many in one place,and the fact that most of them were put to work was even better, bring back old school farming I say

It was a good turn out with the weather holding out until later on and definitely heaven for blue fans  it would be nice to see more events like this much better than seeing shiny new kit parked in rows on dealer stands 

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

Fantastic photos, thank you for sharing them. I would have loved to have been there to see it for myself but I have too much on at this time of year to have a day off. 

18 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Great day out with all those blues .  Was it only 6 cyls aloud attend !!! Or was there a few 3 & 4 cyls working also ??

There was all models there Justin, unfortunately I didn't take any decent pictures of the smaller ones

10 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Fantastic photos, thank you for sharing them. I would have loved to have been there to see it for myself but I have too much on at this time of year to have a day off. 

It was definitely a sight to see, the sound was also something else

19 minutes ago, SHAWN said:

There was all models there Justin, unfortunately I didn't take any decent pictures of the smaller ones

Very good all the same Shawn. Some real clean mint machines there ..Thanks for the pics. ;)

Thanks for the comments, it was nice to see all the older gear in such good condition especially tractors like this county /40series with its mid mounted gear sticks,something you don't see everyday 

DSC_0250.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

2 hours ago, SHAWN said:

Thanks for the comments, it was nice to see all the older gear in such good condition especially tractors like this county /40series with its mid mounted gear sticks,something you don't see everyday 

DSC_0250.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

Well that is very interesting, I assumed they had the electro shift gearbox, obviously not. Did it have dual power?

I wonder if the one buried in the Falklands was ever dug back up?

That's the one mark. A horrible sight,on par with the photo of the 1884 that had cought fire an completely burned out. It was buried over there at the time but there was talk of it being dug back up and restored. 

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Well that is very interesting, I assumed they had the electro shift gearbox, obviously not. Did it have dual power?

I wonder if the one buried in the Falklands was ever dug back up?

This one came back from the Falklands as far as I know .remember a feature on it in Classic tractor !!  How many off this were made ??

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

This one came back from the Falklands as far as I know .remember a feature on it in Classic tractor !!  How many off this were made ??

As mark said, only two ever made. Pretty certain they both went to the Falklands   

21 minutes ago, mb86 said:

As mark said, only two ever made. Pretty certain they both went to the Falklands   

So there is a treasure buried on the Falklands somewhere !!! I spose #2 will never be bought back to life so .

Did you not "click" on Marks hyperlink Martin,the County left in the Falklands is beyond repair apparently,certainly looks like it in the picture,must have had big boots though,

picture from Classic tractor magazine.

Regards

Joe.

Falklands County.jpg

Archived