Same Dinosaur

robbo

1 minute ago, mb86 said:

What the hell is powering the one on the right? 

Ha ha. they are both variations on the same tractor, a Same Dinosaur V8, the difference is that the one on the left has an underslung exhaust. Only about 10 real tractors were ever made and so far none of them have been found despite the factory and social media worlwide seach

7 minutes ago, robbo said:

Ha ha. they are both variations on the same tractor, a Same Dinosaur V8, the difference is that the one on the left has an underslung exhaust. Only about 10 real tractors were ever made and so far none of them have been found despite the factory and social media worlwide seach

italian mate, therefore i would susgest they look for the large piles of brown dust in the barns,not a tractor;D;D they do look like lovely models ,well worth the investment i recon 

You can fall out with people you know Sean >:D I used to  think you were ok, just shows how wrong you can be, pile of dust indeed................mutter mutter pwwwwttt

4 minutes ago, robbo said:

You can fall out with people you know Sean >:D I used to  think you were ok, just shows how wrong you can be, pile of dust indeed................mutter mutter pwwwwttt

here my vans 8 months old and has rust on the arch one side already, under the paint ,my mate noticed it last week its italian,just saying like ;D;D

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

here my vans 8 months old and has rust on the arch one side already, under the paint ,my mate noticed it last week its italian,just saying like ;D;D

Poor ownership!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, robbo said:

Thanks for that info, you learn something new every day. Just had a quick google, the name is very apt. as they look a monster. 

27 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Thanks for that info, you learn something new every day. Just had a quick google, the name is very apt. as they look a monster. 

Certainly was a big tractor,

Regards

Joe.

Same Dinasaur.jpg

Same Dinosuar V8.jpg

I have split this topc away from the weise-toys thread as it was starting to get a life of its own.

I have also been told that there will be a third version made, I am not sure just how many versions that you can do of a real tractor that only had 10 actual units unless they are going to do a cabbed version as per the photo above

10 minutes ago, robbo said:

I have split this topc away from the weise-toys thread as it was starting to get a life of its own.

I have also been told that there will be a third version made, I am not sure just how many versions that you can do of a real tractor that only had 10 actual units unless they are going to do a cabbed version as per the photo above

White, red, orange, yellow, green, blue indigo, violet, covered in dirt, covered in cocai.... Erm I mean snow, dual wheels. Need I go on?

4 minutes ago, Arik said:

For more info on the model: http://minitrac.nl/index.php

There will be made 15 of each modelversion (Blu Arancia and Brigo Arancia) and they seem to be sold out.

Mike had the last pair, took Him few hours to find a buyer  for 1 kidney so he nearly missed them ;D 

i guess as you say Mike the only other version do able is the Cabbed one above , what other body part do you have to sell for that one 

14 hours ago, tedroosevelt21 said:

Same leoonne had a v4 engine and was sold in the uk 

The Same Centauro had a V4 engine and Dugu did a model version of that one in 1/12 scale. Very hard to find and makes well over £100 if one ever comes up. A damaged version recently made nearly 200 euros on ebay and I have an almost undamaged version in my collection

SAM_7606.JPG

SAM_7608.JPG

Guest tedroosevelt21

the leonne    had v4   theres one on a farm about 8 miles from Spalding , with Sekura s67 cab  been on the the farm from new with its distinctive upright exhausts.

I've done a wee bit translating,only six made,and they were aimed at the Brazilian market,

The SAME Dinosaur with V8 engine from 1964. All manufactured copies have been scrapped and thus the largest ONE ever built was lost. At least, until photos of this giant appeared from the archives of SAME.

The ambitions that had the same with the Dinosaur were great: speeding up the development of agricultural mechanization. The Dinosaur was originally designed to conquer the Bolivian market and, in addition, contacts were made with Brazil. However, the project was soon doomed to fail. The tractor was its time too far ahead: it had airbags on all 4 wheels, a modern hydraulic system and an elevated floating driver platform that was already prepared for the installation of a cabin. Due to political instability in South America and the way things are done, decisions were made to blow off the entire project.

The true Dinosaur masterpiece, designed by Francesco Cassani himself, was the air-cooled V8 diesel type SA 1158 / V with a cylinder capacity of almost 10 liters, which produced 180 hp at 2300 revolutions per minute.

There are reportedly only a piece of 6 Dinosaurs made.

Same Dino's In 1/32
For months, Minitrac has worked behind the scenes for the development of a scale model of the same Dinosaur. A real copy no longer exists and so all measurements were calculated based on the pictures from the same archive and some basic measurements that were happily still available. The pictures also show that there are several versions. Minitrac brings out two different versions of the Dinosaur: the Grigio Arancia and the Blu Arancia.
The models are made of resin with rubber tires and have detailed picture etching, such as the grille and the same logo on the nose. The front axle can commute and the rear axle of the Blu Arancia can move up and down. The V8 has been worked out to the smallest detail, completely hanging in the frame and is visible under the detachable cover on the hood. The tires have the Goodyear inscription with the typical diamond pattern. Very pronounced is the exhaust on the Blu Arancia, which extends along the mudguard, behind the etched heat shield. On the wheel nuts, the distinctive SAME logo is embossed.
BLU ARANCIA
- Model numbered individually
License plate: 001 to 015
- Same blue / orange
- Outlet underneath
- Backlight
- Wheel weights
- Tank cap left on bonnet
- Air filter in front of the hood
GRIGIO ARANCIA
- Model numbered individually
License plate: 016 to 030
- Same gray / orange
- Two V-shaped exhaust pipes
- Street bar
- Weights on backrest
- Tank cap on the right side of the hood
- Air filter rear hood
- Same DINOSAUR imprint
When you buy a set of Dinosaurs - a Blu Arancia and a Grigio Arancia - you get a loose SAME V8 engine on a standard gift!
The total and one-time edition of the Dinosaur in 1/32 is only 30 pieces. 15 pieces of Blu Arancia and 15 pieces of Grigio Arancia. Available in late May. Each model comes in luxury packaging. Note: Up to 1 version per customer! In the webshop only orderable per set. Set price € 900, -. Loose models on request by email. Price € 450, - per model.

They've even made a model of the V 8 engine,

Regards

Joe.

Same V8 engine.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thanks Martin, that's why Sean said that I had brought a rain forest back with me, 6 of the models I bought at Zwolle came in wooden boxes (2 Same Dinosaurs, 2 Same Minitaurus and 2 Lamborghinis)

Archived