Joes bits and bobs

CX820Joe

As I haven't got much space for a layout except for my cupboard top I thought I'd start a post here with a few photos of what I have collected in some 'realistic' poses.

First up a couple of photos of the CAT telehandler loading the Sulky X50 spreader which is hitched up to the Landini Powermaster

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

What's the Cat telehandler like Joe?

Not bad at all Mark...a decent amount of metal in it, and the attachments are made of metal too.  Fairly simple attachment method, and the boom holds up well.  I saw a review on YouTube and the boom was very droopy but must have been a faulty one.  Not so keen on the driver but thats only because he doesnt look very agricultural!  Should hopefully be getting the Norscot version so can possibly compare the 2 - not that i think there is a lot of difference.  Great model as a better detailed handler with different attachments (the UH examples are let down by having fixed attachments in my opinion).  Its a little different to the JCB and Manitou norm, which was part of the appeal.  It is rather expensive however and i think the bucket supplied with it is too small.  Great muck fork though!  Lastly, the headlights are rather ugly but thats not any fault of the model.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

There was a dealer on ebay selling them for about £35 not so long ago and thought about getting one then. Nice to see it comes with a choice of attachments rather than you have to buy extra one's. 

Yes I missed out on those...and the seller was only 8 miles away too so may have been able to collect! The Norscot one I ordered off eBay (but yet to arrive) was just under £40 posted, the Diecast Master version nearer £60.  So an expensive tin and driver figure! 

4 hours ago, whincebros said:

Does it have 4 wheel steering? Are the attachments similar to the britains  type? I've a Merlo I'm thinking of updating and wonder if the bucket would fit.....lovely looking model and cracking photos to!!

It does have 4 wheel steering but the headstock is completely different to other types, much smaller...comparison to Merlo to demonstrate. Thanks for kind comments these have been taken with iPad which is quite old so not the sharpest.  Computer away being fixed otherwise I would have used digital camera but this for time being.

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Great pics Joe

In your opinion what has been the best McCormick model to date in 1:32 ?

Hmm tricky question there...I don't think any of them have been particularly bad, and even the Siku one is a good one.  I think the X8 could be the best one, though the Replicagri X7 is a good one too (despite skinny tyres).  The UH MTX doesn't look quite right around the lower front grille to me, otherwise its good.  I haven't got the little X4 as yet, but hope to get one at some point.

I think if someone was to make the XTX/TTX/X70 as a more detailed model that might just get my top vote.  An X7 with fatter tyres would be good too, though its not as good a looking tractor as the X8.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Hmm tricky question there...I don't think any of them have been particularly bad, and even the Siku one is a good one.  I think the X8 could be the best one, though the Replicagri X7 is a good one too (despite skinny tyres).  The UH MTX doesn't look quite right around the lower front grille to me, otherwise its good.  I haven't got the little X4 as yet, but hope to get one at some point.

I think if someone was to make the XTX/TTX/X70 as a more detailed model that might just get my top vote.  An X7 with fatter tyres would be good too, though its not as good a looking tractor as the X8.

I agree the X7 & X8 are both great models

I know going back 10 or so years the 175 was 3rd on 1:32 scale UH top sellers at the time. I know the conversion guys loved them oh plus probably had something to do with being £14.95 at the time. I know a lot of the Mc fans loved the UH ZTX too but I always felt it was not quite right but hey ho people love different things which is what makes everything so interesting,

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jmd said:

matt want to know if your changing colour barry:D

:wub: Ask him if he has asked that girl out yet :wub: 

Plus I'm not talking to you two :ph34r:  Fancy not coming to Toytrac.. The wagtail was not the same B)

Fairs fair most of us appreciate most flavours in the Ag world

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Udimore said:

I agree the X7 & X8 are both great models

I know going back 10 or so years the 175 was 3rd on 1:32 scale UH top sellers at the time. I know the conversion guys loved them oh plus probably had something to do with being £14.95 at the time. I know a lot of the Mc fans loved the UH ZTX too but I always felt it was not quite right but hey ho people love different things which is what makes everything so interesting,

The only thing on the ZTX I'm not so keen on (but can live with) are the rear wheel rims, other than that it's great.  Terrific sounding tractor too, though have only seen them on YouTube. The little CX105 is nice too - wAsnt so sure about the low profile roof but have seen one like that fairly locally.  I am being nit picky about the MTX it's a good solid model and yes, it was a very good price.  I still hope to change the updated dual wheel version to singles at some point.

on the subject of the X8...what to go behind it? The Simba Solo is probably the only implement I have that wouldn't look out of place behind it...my mixed farm 175hp approx bias has limited my implement fleet! The Gregoire Besson plough won't fit on it and 6 furrows perhaps a little too easy for it?  Any thoughts folks?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Quite a bit has changed since this thread was last updated.  Most of the dairy machinery has gone now, but I've kept the Megascrape and slurry tanker.

A couple of views of my wardrobe top display, with three of the Fendts and the two combines present.  Also a couple of older models I have kept onto.  A New Holland telehandler, it's quite a basic model but I do like it.  Also my only remaining McCormick,  the ZTX.

20200725_171924.jpg

20200725_171938.jpg

20200725_171930.jpg

20200725_172145.jpg

• Like 5

Also have got this model out of the box for a proper look, the USK Vaderstad Tempo L16 drill.  This is a cracking model, great detail and very well put together.  It's very heavy too.    A hint when putting it in work mode would be to fold out the seeding units first and then lower, if you lower them in the retracted position they catch the marker boards, I almost snapped them off, but noticed.

20200725_182410.jpg

• Like 2