The Tractor Twitcher's Harvest Travels 2016 - Updates From Page 11.

The Tractor Twitcher

Now I know it's 2017, and the cereal harvest  over here is all but complete, but today I finally finished off sorting through all of the combines I photographed during my Summer travels last year.

So here's the first from my crop of over 200 combines I photographed last year, starting with this smart locally based John Deere C670 rotary machine on July 18th.

John Deere C670 18/07/2016. Harvest Travels Day 1.

P1090190.JPG

P1090194 - Copy.JPG

P1090195.JPG

P1090200.JPG

P1090210.JPG

P1090213.JPG

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always find harvest time to be a time of mixed emotions. The summer is coming to an end and the bad weather is just around the corner but, it does show some wonderful scenes and machinery action plus, I know that autumn ploughing is also on the way and that is probably my favourite farming action. The autumn model shows are also about get get underway and there is always some anticipation there, especially this year :P

4 minutes ago, robbo said:

I always find harvest time to be a time of mixed emotions. The summer is coming to an end and the bad weather is just around the corner but, it does show some wonderful scenes and machinery action plus, I know that autumn ploughing is also on the way and that is probably my favourite farming action. The autumn model shows are also about get get underway and there is always some anticipation there, especially this year :P

Especially this year Mike. I'm probably having a much better Autumn this year on farms than across harvest this summer compared to last year. Things got off to flying start around here this year with cereal harvest commencing a good fortnight earlier than photos in this thread. But then the weather played a huge part in making harvest a very difficult and testing time, so I wasn't venturing out as much, and not wanting to get in the way or bother farmers, even those I knew, who were struggling with the conditions this harvest. Having said that, this past few weeks, i've had a fantastic time with many more drilling outfits, potato and sugar beet harvesters than I ever have before at this time of year.....Bring on the shows now in the upcoming weeks, looking forward to them all. :)

Great photos as usual David, much appreciated for posting them up, keep them coming!

Loving that TF44. :)

What's the reasoning behind the 25ft header on the Lexion 780? would have thought he would need to really push the forward speed to keep it loaded??

Regards 

John. 

Thanks ever so much John, loads more to follow. That TF44 is a beauty, works about 20 miles south of me. :)

The 780 fitted with the baby header works opposite where I live, and is the second 780 this estate have bought fitted with a 25 foot header. The first one now lives near Lincoln and has been put back on a bigger 35 foot header. I've always been told by this farm they prefer the smaller header for the two Claas Quadrant balers they have following the combine, but they certainly have to push the combine on to get the most out of it. Can't imagine many farms specifying such a small header with such a high output combine. :)

Archived