The Tractor Twitcher's Harvest Travels 2016 - Updates From Page 11.

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 844john said:

Fantastic photos again David. They are something that you don't see in our neck of the woods but it seems that the use of chaser bins has really  taken off lately judging by your pictures.:)

Thanks ever so much John, really appreciated. The bulk of the photos I take are from Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, and Lincolnshire, and the majority of the biggest estates I visit seem to rely on chaser bins, more and more of them are going down that route. Another half dozen farms not far from me seem to be having a go with them this year too. :)

13 hours ago, walterderwent said:

Thanks ever so much John, loads more to follow. That TF44 is a beauty, works about 20 miles south of me. :)

The 780 fitted with the baby header works opposite where I live, and is the second 780 this estate have bought fitted with a 25 foot header. The first one now lives near Lincoln and has been put back on a bigger 35 foot header. I've always been told by this farm they prefer the smaller header for the two Claas Quadrant balers they have following the combine, but they certainly have to push the combine on to get the most out of it. Can't imagine many farms specifying such a small header with such a high output combine. :)

Thanks for the info David. 

Do like those old TF's, would love a detailed 1:32 scale TF44 or 46 :)

I bet those 2 Lexion 770's are an impressive sight working together, and l'm guessing they keep the grain store operators pretty busy! 

Cheers David. 

1 minute ago, JEP said:

Thanks for the info David. 

Do like those old TF's, would love a detailed 1:32 scale TF44 or 46 :)

I bet those 2 Lexion 770's are an impressive sight working together, and l'm guessing they keep the grain store operators pretty busy! 

Cheers David. 

You're very welcome John.

Found several pairs of Lexion 770s in the past couple of years. The first two in the Oil Seed Rape belong to an estate in North Lincolnshire, which up until 2 years ago were running Lexion 480 as their second combine, whilst the other two with the Fendts leading away belong to Strawsons in Nottinghamshire and they replaced a pair of 760TTs on 30 footers last year. :)

This is the best custom built TF i've seen for sale. A TF42 at Zwolle last year.

P1230260 - Copy.JPG

31 minutes ago, JEP said:

Thanks David

I remember seeing that TF on one of your previous posts, looks stunning, did it not come home with you ;)

It should have done John, bit beyond my budget unfortunately last year, but if there's another been built by the same custom builder there this year, then I may well be on the phone to my accountant! :D

Archived