UH classic Masseys.

Steve P

I am looking to getting a few more MFs in my collection of classic era tractors though it seems there is a limited choise. I already have a UH 575 and a 2680 as well as a few older Britains models. I see UH produced a range of 300, 600 and 3000 series models over the years,  my question is are they any good?. I see the 3080 looks pretty hard to get these days unless you pay silly money but the 300, 600 and 1080 models are still available, Any help or advice would be great.

I have the UH 390, 398, 675 and 690.  I am no expert on whether they are accurately recreated - I seem to remember there being some debate over that and to be fair the 600s seem a little unbalanced.  However, I think they are ok and there aren't any higher detailed versions available at present.  The 600s have been discontinued to my knowledge and if the 3080 is anything to go by, the price might increase shortly....?  Now might be a good time to get one........

they are all pretty acurate models i guess, but as normal with uh, none are 100% ,like the slopping bonnet on the 600’s ,the angle of the rear pillars on the 6290’s ,and 6190’s to thinking about it. exhausts on the wrong side of the bonnet on the bigger 2600’s , but worth the cash .i have all the uh masseys from the start until the recent 6000’s and 7000’s as they are not really the age range i collect as such 

I have most .  as said above the 3080 is starting to make silly money . One went above 300 quid a while back on EBay . But there is always a chance UH could rerealise one as they have done on other models already . So don't jump the gun for one yet . A snowy version of the 3090 can be got ... So the moulds are still in use by UH !! The 300 Series are nice models also ... Bar the silver 399 !! The little 3cyl 135 & 240 are also little gems !!

Archived