Matbro teleram 40

Another project I’m preparing for is a matbro teleram 40. I’m planning on using a Britains jcb tm as a base, so although it won’t be 100% accurate, hopefully you will be able to tell what it is! 

Does anyone have any dimensions of the matbro. I have a brochure for the slightly facelifted version from 88, sadly there are no dimensions. The one I’m wanting to do is 84 vintage. I could also do with knowing wheel and tyre sizes please. Any help much appreciated. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i have that brouchure to, and i suspect it was for a build why you got yours john? just like i did, but i went stupid and did a collins teleshift instead 

I've got several Matbro brochures and spec sheets of the ram, teleram, loadstar and telestar Sean, got them when I was a kid, either sent away for  from What's New in Farming or picked up from the Yorkshire Show. Actually, looking through them now is giving me some ideas, ......just what i need, another build on the go!:D

11 hours ago, 844john said:

Is this the one you mean?

Brilliant John, thanks very much. Oddly that looks very similar to the brochure I have only mine has no dimensions!  Many thanks 

John, could you take a pic of just the dimensions page please. Some of the numbers aren’t so easy to read. 

Cheers 

alastair

MMMM, just added this to my 'to do' list, thanks for posting the images, it's one I've had in the back of my mind for a while, just needed the drawings and dimensions.

5 hours ago, Barry said:

MMMM, just added this to my 'to do' list, thanks for posting the images, it's one I've had in the back of my mind for a while, just needed the drawings and dimensions.

Race Barry? ;)

Ha, you'd win!!!  

I've been working on my current project for 16 months now......only been able to do any proper work on it for about 6 months of that, mostly research........I moved into a house at Easter and have taken the bathroom out, putting a new one in is top priority at the moment (went 2 weeks without a working toilet!!!)

4 hours ago, Barry said:

Ha, you'd win!!!  

I've been working on my current project for 16 months now......only been able to do any proper work on it for about 6 months of that, mostly research........I moved into a house at Easter and have taken the bathroom out, putting a new one in is top priority at the moment (went 2 weeks without a working toilet!!!)

I don’t know, expect I could give you a run for your money!

I don’t want to know what you did for two weeks without a “working toilet”, did you use it anyway ? :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks John, yes mine will be the early 80s one with the gaps either side of the bonnet. Looking at it, I haven’t quite got the right level of slope on the bonnet top. 

Am just mulling over the door situation. I was going for closed, but have to say I like your open door version and is up for consideration! 

Until i started looking for pictures when i did mine i hadn't realised just how many different versions there were! I wanted to hinge the doors, but felt that a working hinge would either be unrealistic in scale or too delicate if it was kept in scale, so i went for one open and one shut, the trouble is with open doors you have to put more detail in the cab!:D

Archived