Matbro teleram 40

Love your wall there Alastair! As for the headstock.....it'll drive you mad , time and again you think you've cracked it......then you realise you haven't, as the degree of tip and crowd is very large to compensate for the angle of the boom as it rises....but i guarantee you'll have a big smile when you finally crack it!!!;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 844john said:

Love your wall there Alastair! As for the headstock.....it'll drive you mad , time and again you think you've cracked it......then you realise you haven't, as the degree of tip and crowd is very large to compensate for the angle of the boom as it rises....but i guarantee you'll have a big smile when you finally crack it!!!;)

Ha ha. Thanks John. Just trying to get the house tidied up, and there are little jobs everywhere, we are toying with time to move!! But I’m not sure when the right time is. 

I haven’t got the geometry right in one position let alone in all the others. Might have a bash again tonight. School night though better not be up too late!! 

4 hours ago, jmd said:

looking well and nice job on the wall:)

Thank you very much :)

Could the end be in sight ? Certainly a bit closer. Not quite right in a few places but have tilt and crowd degrees somewhere good enough! John might need to pick your brains on a one or two points ......

ACDD3A59-7B5C-42BA-AF24-33CDCAD5E2FE.jpeg

E1A7AB65-B253-49FD-9B77-B78E260E8968.jpeg

2B2CDF3A-442F-4C81-A110-F1428279E573.jpeg

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

A good step nearer Alastair :)  must make you feel abit better now you can see the crowd/tip working

Yes I feel I’m a step closer!

17 minutes ago, 844john said:

Has the smile worn off yet Alastair?:D

Well I’m reserving the smile a little at the moment it’s not 100% yet! I need to sort the connection of the push ram to the linkage. I need to study your pics again probably. 

Many thanks all!

bit more progress this evening after unloading 500 bricks ;) (brownie points)

bit of fine tuning to do. Air box, exhaust, weights and steps and grab rails oh and of course wheels! Might need to raid little’uns  scrap Britain’s toy box

1F609D1C-1A06-483C-AF96-EFF184D194FB.jpeg

C9CB524F-B3B9-4241-8661-A97556A86FE2.jpeg

D9541862-96FC-46E7-9F93-41E5D3548421.jpeg

25D59937-3C84-4B13-9A20-0FC006C5D5CF.jpeg

98818991-2163-42DD-BFD7-2872C44C819E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking good Alastair :) 

Thank you very much !

43 minutes ago, 844john said:

Nice job Alastair! Will she be yellow by the end of the weekend;)?

Thanks John, well really it should be, just a few bits to finish off! What grey did you use out of interest? Was it enamel? Couldn't find a gloss grey in Halfords that looked right, not too many battleship grey cars about!

29 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Thank you very much !

Thanks John, well really it should be, just a few bits to finish off! What grey did you use out of interest? Was it enamel? Couldn't find a gloss grey in Halfords that looked right, not too many battleship grey cars about!

If I remember rightly Alastair I think it was Fergie grey that I had left over from a scaledown Massey65 kit that I built years ago

1 hour ago, 844john said:

If I remember rightly Alastair I think it was Fergie grey that I had left over from a scaledown Massey65 kit that I built years ago

Ah ok I need some of that for a fergy too will have to invest

Archived