Weeks Plus 40 Grain Trailer.

Well.... 

hello everyone! What a hectic few months I’ve had. All I’ve been doing is it eat, sleep.... models haha ! Anyway I’m back, looking forward to updating you all on what I’ve been up to. 

So kicking it off here we have my next batch of 10 models. Last one was the cook Flat 8s now for these. Weeks plus 40 trailers. 

Something I have wanted to build for a while now, so I gathered info and contacts and went full steam ahead with this one. 

Starting with the functionality of the trailer. It’s a near fully working replica. The trailer tips up with its own ram, wheels turn and the rear door opens and closes with the latch too. 

Detail wise I really have tried to cram in every single latch, brace and hinge etc etc, scaling is from the real thing so it does look proportionally correct when posed with a suitable 1:32 tractor. The handbrake cables have been added in Black so they stand out and are easily noticed when the trailer is tipped. The top side of the trailer bed has been scored and marked to look like the bed of the real thing which is made up from U channel. Although due to the anount of sun when I took the photos it’s not come up as well as I’d of hoped. 

That’s most of the build covered anyway. Pictures will reveal I’ve left allot out anyway ! 

Last but certainly not least there’s 4 people I’d like to say a massive thank you too....

In the planning stages of the build John provided crucial information regarding the workings of the rear door and the latching system. Which I have tried to replicate as accurately as I possibly could. There was plenty of other questions I gave him a head ache over too :D 

Secondly Martin for helping out with my first hick up. The draw bar... simple to most but this is actually tapered and in keeping with accuracy I had to find a way of replicating that. I had successfully done so but the length was just not right at all. I think overall I tried about 3 times and I just couldn’t decide what looked correct and what didn’t. So again thanks allot for providing me with correct measurements and again other things to assist the build. 

Next as always my first port of call when a build like this goes into the casting stages Dave Towse. I sent some of the complex parts off and had them casted up, and as always absolutely chuffed to see the fnished product and the shear quality of the castings and the level of detail they picked up. They look identical to my original ones. 

Finally Ian at Tab Models for providing what I regard as the cherry on the cake. The decals, again absolutely flawless work every single colour and accent has been picked up on the decals and they really do look good. Each trailer has its own set of Ian’s decals. 

Again huge thanks to these fellas who have kindly helped out as much as they could. I really appreciate that. And I hope to see you all at some stage this year at some of the upcoming shows I’ll be attending. 

£75 a trailer posted. 3/4 spoken for so get in touch whilst there still here ! 

Please note there will be a full write up and more pics in the next model farmer. This is just a small insight and more of a thank you to the people who helped along the way ! 

7F3618D9-3119-4990-B473-46AE7C0498DD.jpeg

0D96E1ED-3284-43AA-AAC0-E35975C70E08.jpeg

66CA479B-C16E-4160-9C77-6EDCD356B6F4.jpeg

78C1BC4C-024D-4BB0-AAD1-FF48692E4028.jpeg

FF24B319-995D-4D55-A401-19CAC6D64F2E.jpeg

53D53E34-FFAC-4CBA-9939-AB2C00CA741A.jpeg

05A81421-14EC-46CF-AF80-8DF9547EBB4E.jpeg

65190127-604D-4634-B14F-A857E1FC5690.jpeg

8928E0F6-0A15-42ED-B63A-6CF78892956D.jpeg

407B5371-A29A-415F-B886-E88B60494560.jpeg

4DAD56A0-EA8F-4721-BA42-F0534020E021.jpeg

288FA253-2BC7-49C3-91CD-C31077E7AC08.jpeg

BE0A7F71-82B6-423B-A80B-AAAA31D56C61.jpeg

EEEDA8AF-86DA-4CAF-B972-A8737AB25057.jpeg

D1960735-5242-4B1E-9D54-272FB96D7DE0.jpeg

Just now, JEP said:

Loving that Sam, I do like the old weeks trailers, and you have certainly done it justice. Excellent build. 

Thanks ever so much mate appreciate it. I do like the real ones myself nice looking trailers in the colours they chose. Some nice pics went around Facebook of a contractor back in the day with his fleet of weeks trailers. Impressive sight to say the least. 

8 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Fantastic Sam, you have got that spot on mate. Loving all the detail, just superb. It was a pleasure to help out where I could. 

Cheers mate chuffed you like it. Your version should be something abit more different to say the least ! ;) Thanks again for them dimensions and what not 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

That looks absolutely first class Sam, brilliant workmanship. As with Martin, glad to help out where i could, and i will be counting the crossmembers under trailer bed;):D

Thanks allot mate. Glad to have your input in my build. Hahaha my ocd got the better of me and I did put the correct amount of crossmembers in !!! I think :D thanks again mate much appreciated. 

34 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Oh my! So tempted, have I spent enough this month? That is brilliant Sam. Will you do again or is ten the final number ?

Your spreader should land tomorrow mate!  :). Thanks allot mate glad you like it ! ;) I’m honestly not saying this to tempt you even more to buy one.... but I can’t see myself doing anymore for a while. There’s so so many projects me and Martin have discussed this being one of them. I’ll more than likely tick it off a maybe revisit them at a later date ! Honestly couldn’t tell you for sure though mate but the way it’s looking now I reckon this will be it for a while. I’ve only got a few left now too ! 

7 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Your spreader should land tomorrow mate!  :). Thanks allot mate glad you like it ! ;) I’m honestly not saying this to tempt you even more to buy one.... but I can’t see myself doing anymore for a while. There’s so so many projects me and Martin have discussed this being one of them. I’ll more than likely tick it off a maybe revisit them at a later date ! Honestly couldn’t tell you for sure though mate but the way it’s looking now I reckon this will be it for a while. I’ve only got a few left now too ! 

Go on then;) 

• 4 months later...

Archived