Siku JD 6920s conversion

7 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I should make an attempt to do it myself I suppose...no confidence that's the trouble. I still remember trying to glaze the cab of the earliest Siku Lexion combine and made an utter pigs ear of it.  Can't harm to have a go

Go for it, I've been procrastinating 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Thanks John,What glue do you reckon would be best? I've done it before and it has misted

I have a tube of what i believe is called cockpit glue, it is similar to pva as it dries clear and doesn't mist at all, and i find with patience it works very well. I'll take a photo of it when I'm back later

4 hours ago, 844john said:

I have a tube of what i believe is called cockpit glue, it is similar to pva as it dries clear and doesn't mist at all, and i find with patience it works very well. I'll take a photo of it when I'm back later

Cheers John  :) 

11 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Thanks John,What glue do you reckon would be best? I've done it before and it has misted

Yes I too have used an acetate type substance. You can buy various gauges if I recall correctly, have a hunt on eBay. Like a John already stated, flexibility is important in most applications. 

Regarding fixing, yes you are right, get glue   Anywhere near and you’re in trouble. I used the tinyest touch of superglue and it worked fine, I use the gel type one. Just be so so careful

maybe someone else has some other suggestions though ?

26 minutes ago, 844john said:

This is the stuff I use, Formula 560 Canopy glue, takes a little while to set but dries clear and no fogging (good job I checked before i posted, bloody phone changed that to dogging!:o:o)

WP_20181031_20_18_30_Pro.jpg

yeah we belive you john , why would you be searching for that :D

3 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Yes I too have used an acetate type substance. You can buy various gauges if I recall correctly, have a hunt on eBay. Like a John already stated, flexibility is important in most applications. 

Regarding fixing, yes you are right, get glue   Anywhere near and you’re in trouble. I used the tinyest touch of superglue and it worked fine, I use the gel type one. Just be so so careful

maybe someone else has some other suggestions though ?

Thanks Alastair,I've just thought the local model shop does that stuff for model trains I'll have a look

3 hours ago, 844john said:

This is the stuff I use, Formula 560 Canopy glue, takes a little while to set but dries clear and no fogging (good job I checked before i posted, bloody phone changed that to dogging!:o:o)

Thanks for reply :)    Now we wouldn't want that now John:huh: 

I use that cockpit glue, works very well, i tend to glaze with clear sheets i buy from the local model shop, all a4 in size and varying thickness avaiable, pretty cheap at arround 75p a sheet on average,  move curvey the thinner i use to allow it to bend easy, its in a EMA display bit not sure its actually their product if that makes sence 

9 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Ah will try some of that cockpit glue!! Would be good to avoid the dogging !! :huh:

The thing that puzzled me the most is why the phone thought dogging was more likely what I meant than fogging, makes you wonder what the chap who wrote the software gets up to in his spare time!;)

3 hours ago, 844john said:

The thing that puzzled me the most is why the phone thought dogging was more likely what I meant than fogging, makes you wonder what the chap who wrote the software gets up to in his spare time!;)

Ha ha, the truth is there are sure to be more people looking into dogging then there are anoraks worried about the effects of fogging on their scratch builds :D

55 minutes ago, 844john said:

It's a slippery slope once you start Ted, just adding a "little" extra detail soon turns into almost a rebuild:D 

I know exactly what you mean John, you add some detail and the harder you look, the more inaccuracies you see. You either end up with a lovely new tractor or a pile of bits ^_^

Archived