International 84 / 85 series

7 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Do i detect a IH 885 XL soon john ? 

She looks good 

Am i right in saying they were basicly a 85 series tractor but with the 844 xl or 856 xl transmission fitted ? 

Thanks Nigel, yes, slowly working up to an IH 885XL 4wd, probably still my all time favourite tractor, it's sat part done at the moment, but then so are a lot of others!

The 42 series were basically a refresh of the 95 series, which itself was just a warmed over 85 series. The transmission and back end was basically the same throughout, but on the 42's the gear levers were moved to the right hand side of the cab onto a new console which looked  more Maxxum like. (I've done that on this one, but you can't really tell in the pictures). The 4230 was basically an 885/895, the 4240 was turbo'd like the 995, but none had as heavy a back end as the European built models.

5 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Great looking pair there John, although it looks to be a little muddy? that's not like you one bit...you'd normally have the pressure washer out now cleaning her off :)

Thanks Paul, I wanted her to look like she'd just spent a day in the fields seeing as her new home is an arable farm. I collected a bucket of dust from the top of the power harrow before it was washed (which at the time caused much bemusement) but it does come in handy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Nigel, yes, slowly working up to an IH 885XL 4wd, probably still my all time favourite tractor, it's sat part done at the moment, but then so are a lot of others!

The 42 series were basically a refresh of the 95 series, which itself was just a warmed over 85 series. The transmission and back end was basically the same throughout, but on the 42's the gear levers were moved to the right hand side of the cab onto a new console which looked  more Maxxum like. (I've done that on this one, but you can't really tell in the pictures). The 4230 was basically an 885/895, the 4240 was turbo'd like the 995, but none had as heavy a back end as the European built models.

Ive got 2 replicagri 845 xl cabs one britains ex 1056 xl i only want  a 2 wd 885 xl and a 4 wd one  from the 85 series but at a push ild also think of a 4wd case ih 885 supee 2 maybee  i just think the IH early versions realy looked better

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ace mate Sorry I ain't been on here myself for ages I've now got rubber and resin I hope to do wheels and other stuff  that above tractor reminds me of the 585 4wd that our college bought with quickie loader to replace the f reg 4wd 1394  I loved both of these tractors if I remember the 585 was shuttle transmission love your builds John 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Ace mate Sorry I ain't been on here myself for ages I've now got rubber and resin I hope to do wheels and other stuff  that above tractor reminds me of the 585 4wd that our college bought with quickie loader to replace the f reg 4wd 1394  I loved both of these tractors if I remember the 585 was shuttle transmission love your builds John 

Thanks Nigel, look forward to seeing your progress!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...