• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Kirely said:

Suburb John. 

Thanks Kieran!

10 hours ago, jmd said:

brilliant john

Cheers John!

9 hours ago, dm434 said:

Are you gonna stick a quickie loader on it ? Spent many an hour driving one back in the day 

No, she's not getting a loader David. My Dad had one years ago so I'm basing it on the one that he had....another one of the old girls I've driven in the past ticked off the list!

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

Superb. I don't think your work could be any neater John. You must have better eyes and steadier hands than I do!

Thanks Martin, not sure about that mind, I'm really starting to think glasses would be a big help with the close up work....either that or my arms are getting shorter!

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cracking John, if it looks that good bare it's going to be another beauty with some colour on, :) 

Thanks Paul, looking forward to getting some paint on her now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, GPS said:

Amazing work John. Can’t wait to see it painted.

Thank you Gavin, I've always thought that the 42 series was another range of tractors that have been missed by the model manufacturers, which is a shame as they were a popular tractor in their day. I've also got a 4240 on the go as well, but that one's an XL cab, just undecided at the moment whether to use an existing cab on it or to build my own.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:25 AM, 844john said:

Thank you Gavin, I've always thought that the 42 series was another range of tractors that have been missed by the model manufacturers, which is a shame as they were a popular tractor in their day. I've also got a 4240 on the go as well, but that one's an XL cab, just undecided at the moment whether to use an existing cab on it or to build my own.

Ive got two replicagri ih 845 xl black fender type just like the 85 series xl cab barr the gear stick  in the wrong place ahould be on drivers left ha ha! but the closest cab for ih 85 xl series john  and i dont realy care for the 845 xl as a collectors tractor  the front axel might do for a ih  955 i was thinking  

Edited by IH885XLMAN