International 84 / 85 series

GPS Thats very interesting

To me the 85 series survived up to  the end of doncaster  when you look at the Mccormick C70 it just looks like a 885 L or 785 L even has the fuel tank on the back  even the front bolster too 

Still trying to get my head around a maxxum cab on a 885 

Wonder if ih doncaster even looked at useing the sekura explorer cab a dacade earlier but i suppose the XL would have killed those  ideas 

Love the ih prototype ideas 

Heres one for a future challenge john it nearly went into production and look at the colour true new IH corperate colour so caseih must have realy liked the scheme 

Screenshot_20200121-211326.png

Edited by IH885XLMAN
  • Like 4

That does look like it would be an interesting build.

I guess I really should have said a Maxxum  style can, I can’t remember if it was actually a Maxxum cab ( I think it was). I’m going from a 30 year old memories!

I wish I had had a phone camera back then!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Oh come on now john, we already know what the real tractors look like, can you please show us the models. 

Thanks Martin, but if that's the case it must be a fair old bale of silage they're stood on:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Martin, but if that's the case it must be a fair old bale of silage they're stood on:D

I hadn't twigged that's what it is, good idea is that! 

Edited by mb86

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:33 PM, WillTEF20 said:

Absolutely amazing work John! We used to have a Hydro 84 that used to do all the hedge cutting till 2007! Would love to recreate it one day as it still resides in our village with a collector :-)

Thanks Will. I've often fancied a Hydro, just for something a little different! I had chance of a 574 Hydro many years ago now, but it was one with 2 pedals where the clutch would be for forward and reverse instead of the more usual lever on the dashboard, so I didn't bother as I thought it would take some getting used to! 

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Will. I've often fancied a Hydro, just for something a little different! I had chance of a 574 Hydro many years ago now, but it was one with 2 pedals where the clutch would be for forward and reverse instead of the more usual lever on the dashboard, so I didn't bother as I thought it would take some getting used to! 

Been told we had those for verge cutting on the council years ago. The driver told me the heat from the gear box was unbearable in the summer months , same tractors were used in the winter to load the gritters, when I started , the big concrete ramp was still at the bottom of the yard as the tractor didn’t have the reach with its loader 

1 hour ago, dm434 said:

Been told we had those for verge cutting on the council years ago. The driver told me the heat from the gear box was unbearable in the summer months , same tractors were used in the winter to load the gritters, when I started , the big concrete ramp was still at the bottom of the yard as the tractor didn’t have the reach with its loader 

I would think as a loader tractor they'd be quite canny actually David with the pedals for forward/reverse, but I wouldn't like to have to use one for much else

4 hours ago, 844john said:

I would think as a loader tractor they'd be quite canny actually David with the pedals for forward/reverse, but I wouldn't like to have to use one for much else

Yes be handy , did hear that some blokes tried to drive them but couldn’t get the hang of the foot forward/reverse n kept having accidents 

3 hours ago, dm434 said:

Yes be handy , did hear that some blokes tried to drive them but couldn’t get the hang of the foot forward/reverse n kept having accidents 

I can imagine that, a natural reaction if you need to stop quickly is to stand on the clutch....with one of those you'd just jump faster to what you were about to hit!

• 2 months later...